Chapter 9- A Moonlit Gift

Chapter 9: A Moonlit Gift

In a quiet corner of the country, an elderly woman lay awake on her cot, her wrinkled face softening into a smile as she recalled a night from twenty years ago.

--- The moon settled into the midnight ecstasy, casting a serene glow over the landscape. A gentle breeze whispered through the air, harmonizing with the rhythmic chirping of crickets. Along the farmer's riverbank, a younger, blonde, and vibrant version of the elderly woman walked hand in hand with the farmer himself. The night breeze danced through her long, golden locks, creating a mesmerizing scene.

"Doesn't the moon look pretty tonight?" the farmer asked, his grip on her hand tightening affectionately.

"Yes, darling, it sure does," she replied, her eyes sparkling. "Did you know, in Japanese, that phrase means 'I love you forever'?"

"Really? Wow, darling, that's ama—"

The farmer's words were abruptly cut short by the faint cries of a baby girl. The couple froze, their ears straining to catch the sound. The woman's eyes widened in alarm as she scanned the surroundings for the source of the cries. Following the sound, they found themselves at the riverbank, staring at a wooden basket nestled in the reeds.

Inside the basket lay a tiny baby girl, wrapped in a pink blanket, her eyes glistening with tears that mirrored the starry sky above. The thirty-year-old farmer rolled up his jeans and waded into the muddy water, carefully lifting the basket and its precious cargo. The woman gently took the baby from the basket, her heart swelling with a mixture of fear and love as she noticed a delicate pendant with a moon-like glow resting on the baby's chest.

The man stood behind her, stroking the baby's head in an attempt to soothe her cries, his eyes filled with wonder and determination. "She's our gift from the moon," he murmured, his voice steady. "She's our daughter now, darling."

A single tear escaped the woman's eye, landing on the pendant and causing its soft glow to fade. She cradled the baby close, her voice trembling with emotion. "Y/N, my baby girl."

The elderly woman blinked away her memories, the smile lingering on her lips. Y/N was more than a foundling; She was their gift from Satan, a bundle of the love and promise sent from his highness.

•____________*___________•

Y/N's parents thought they should pay their daughter a visit,  so it was decided. They planned a road trip to her house. The journey was filled with shared memories and soft laughter as they reminisced about Y/N's childhood. The anticipation of seeing their daughter again filled their hearts with warmth and excitement. They packed their car with thoughtful gifts and homemade treats, eager to surprise Y/N and spend quality time together.

As they drove through the winding roads leading to Y/N's house, the scenery changed from vast open fields to dense woodlands, each turn bringing them closer to their destination. They discussed Y/N's latest accomplishments, their pride evident in every word.

"I can't believe how much she's grown," Vincent, her father remarked, his eyes reflecting the pride he felt. "She was just a little girl when we found her, and now look at her—so independent and strong."

Vanessa nodded, her thoughts drifting back to the night they had found Y/N by the riverbank. "She was always special, right from the beginning. There's something about her... something magical."