** s t a r g a z i n g **

440 words. Here's a chapter of the Diblaos brothers. I haven't written in a bit and just got a star projector a day ago so in turn I wanted to make a story projecting my insomnia and new stars onto someone who likely has insomnia and who has a close relationship with the sky/stars. I hope you enjoy and happy stargazing!

--------------

Dark with little white spots...

The calm breeze shifts with each breath. The grass feeling light and comforting as the air mage lies back in its grasp. His figure sinking into the soft blades with contentment. It's been a while since he's felt like this... Like the world wasn't on top of him. Like he wasn't being forced to press on through his exhaustion. god it felt nice.

*ch ch ch*

Leaves crinkle beneath welcome feet. Folding beneath the man as he sits down beside the relaxed figure with nothing much to say. Dark blue eyes only occasionally glancing over to their brother's for reassurance. "I can feel you looking at me Ritchie." The air mage's voice whispers out, curiosity laced with confusion in the moment. He was right to think that way. "You're relaxed." The blue-haired man responds, "I haven't seen you like this since we first got to the island."

The man pauses, looking back up to the starry night sky, watching the small lights shift and occasionally flicker. "I'm glad. I'm glad you're doing better, even if it's just for tonight."

maybe I am okay.

"Thank you." Brandon looks over at his brother once more, feeling himself calm with each passing moment. The natural light, the wind, and the person who had saved him from himself multiple times. The lightning mage lets out a quiet chuckle, his laughter being swept away in the breeze. "What are you thanking me for, this is all you brother." this is all you... This Is All Your Fault. His mind snapped back to the comforting song of the nightingales. "I suppose it is."

...

He feels himself slip into a haze, his mind beginning to sink. "You should go back inside and get in bed." The older man teases. Words falling silent on deaf ears. hm... After a few moments of silence, strong arms wrap around the sleeping figure. Lifting the guild leader off of the ground and into the embrace of another.

The walk back to the room was quiet. Moonlight shone through the panes of glass and settled on the floor, only to be interrupted by the figure walking through them. Soothing breathes being carried through the halls, in and out, in and out...

They make it back to their given room. The windows open and allow the midnight breeze to become a guest in the space. Wooden frames and floorboards creak as the body is laid gently down on the mattress. Silk covers are draped over the air mage's sleeping figure by gentle hands, reassuring that they will always be there and will always care for the insomniac...