>Chapter 10.

Subspace continued to excitedly rant about chemicals to Medkit, occasionally shaking a few and examining them. He found them quite pretty! And not to mention each and every single one of them that he had on hand being some of his favorites.

"This one!! I really think it's pretty-" He began to ramble about one in specific.
"Subspace..." Medkit cut him off.

Innocently, the magenta demon blinked, curious on what his coworker would say.
"You... you don't think that..." He trailed off.

"Huh..?"
Subspace was still very confused and curious.
"...Nevermind," The teal demon decided not to speak what was exactly on his mind. "Hmmm... Okay!! So, as I was saying!!" The other quickly resumed his excited talking.

Medkit attempted to make his thoughts a bit lighter. He had come with Subspace to take a break from the stress that working caused, not to gain more dread. His mind though... slowy began to whisper to him about how his coworker was just so adorable ranting like this.

How good he looked today....
No, how good he always looked.
Medkit-! He quickly forced himself to snap out of it. You can't keep thinking those thoughts...

How come everytime i'm around him, those thoughts creep up on me..?
He wouldn't want me anyway.

...
Great, he made himself feel negative again.
Subspace paused... seeing Medkit lost in his own thoughts. Which, were seemingly negative.

He tapped him on the shoulder, with a quiet "Meddy??". This made the other demon snap right back to reality. "Oh... S-sorry. You can keep talking.." He mumbled, gripping his arm shyly.

"If you don't want me to, then that's fine!!" The magenta demon smiled, wanting his friend to not feel so down. "I can uhhh..Text you about them, yeah!!"

So.. sweet...
Medkit. Stop.

"Yeah... yeah, that's fine.." Medkit hesitantly agreed. "Yay!" Subspace cheered, before pulling him into a tight embrace... as usual. His friend was very physically affectionate, almost like he was touch starved.
But Medkit didn't complain. Subspace was so... warm and comforting. He hugged him back now, soothed by his coworker.

"You wanna go back to the bar?? We can just chit-chat about whatever for the next hour!!" The taller demon suggested. The shorter one weakly nodded... too infatuated with his friend to speak.

"Alrighty!!" Subspace exclaimed, he let go (much to Medkit's dismay) and walked back over to his cubby. "Just gonna put these down here!!" He spoke as he put his chemicals back into his cubby, safely tucked between it's wall and his clothing.
He grabbed Medkit's hand now, taking him back to the bar.

The chemicals were now left unsupervised.
Unattended.

What a foolish mistake of Subspace.

Now.

Now anyone could get their hands on them.

Including....

....her.