Chapter 19

Thanks to Aiden we all have our Walki-Talkies and Luke's been calling us all for ages. I'm lost and I can't find anyone except dead bodies. 'Luke to all. I repeat Luke to all. Luke out.' He replies over and over again.

My Walki-Talkie is in my back pocket and I'm too weak to reach out for it. I've been shot in my leg and I can't move propley, I'm limping. For the sake of safety I let out my weak bloody arm to my back pocket and speak into the speaker chip inside.

'Iris too Luke,Jemma and Aiden. I've got a shot leg and I'm next too the abandoned house. Please help. Dead bodies all over. Please help' my voice is weak and I stumble between a few words but I manage to stay put.

3 breaths.....2 breaths.....o-one breath... I take a last breath and that's when I black out. Eyes out and soon enough I could feel my body helpless and weak.

Luke's POV:

I listen to Iris's voice clearly. I run through the screams of agony and bullets of pain and try find my way to Iris.

She said next to the abandoned house but there are thousands. I past three old abandoned houses and there all clear. No sign of Iris. I talk into the Walki-Talkie but I don't get a reply from Iris but I do from Aiden. 'Luke, mate. Try find Iris, me and Jemma will try find you. F-' he's cut off by gun shots but he continues 'Find shelter. I repeat find safety! Aiden out.'

I run and run until my legs are weak and that's when I finally spot Iris. Dead on the ground. Not literally dead but she looked dead. Her left hand tightly gripped on the Walki-Talkie and her right swayed up against her head. I run to her and pick her up in my arms and walk towards the abandoned house she was talking about.

I speak into the Walki-Talkie, 'I found an abandoned house, follow the trail of sand, bring health&safety kit. Luke out...'

An hour and there is pain fillig up against my ankle. It's been throbbing but I must get Iris well enough so we can get out of this place and find refuge.

Iris POV:

I feel my self waken up, my head hurts but I must stay strong. I'm in the house that was in front of me just before I blacked out.

I turn and see Luke lying agaisnt a wall. 'Thanks' I mouth he smirks and replies. "Jemma and Aiden will be here soon with supplies...just rest for no-". I hear a noise and instruct him to stop talking but he speaks anyway. 'Probably just Jemma....or Aiden.'

Another noise. Sounds like footsteps. I resist the pain and stand up grabbing my bow&arrow into a shooting position.
"Who's there?....!"
No reply. I try again.

Suddenly, I see a tall black figure pointing a gun at me and just as I'm about to let my arrow loose....the figure shoots and just disappears.

I turn and stare at Luke. "H-help m-m-me..." My voice trembling as I clutch my waist and fall into Luke's arms in the ground.

The person shot me in the chest. Straight, middle chest. It's only a matter of time before I die.

I could feel the blood drip down...