𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒!

𝒍 𝒂 𝒏 𝒕 𝒆 𝒓 𝒏

You and Guy turned to each other, about to say something else, when the flower field suddenly began to glitch

The sky turned into static, and some of the other heroes began to fade away.

"What's happening?!" Beatriz exclaimed as J'onn faded away right in front of her.

"Guys, I don't feel so good," Jaime groaned, sickly, as he disappeared.

"Jaime!" Booster exclaimed, wide-eyed.

"Tora!" "Beatriz!" The two said sadly, hugging each other as they faded away, as well.

"Wait! I still have to text my publicist! How many Ds are in faded?" Booster asked, frantically typing on his phone as he dissolved.

Guy turned around, Aquaman, Wildcat, and Captain Marvel all vanishing, too.

'What the hell?!'

"Oh, God, don't look now," you laughed, dryly, as you looked down at your hands.

Or rather, your lack thereof.

Guy snapped his head back around, his eyes turning to saucers, "Peaches!" he exclaimed.

"Your foot!" you noted, looking down you see majority of his leg gone.

Though, somehow, he was still upright.

"This might be our last ride... for real this time," he stated, glancing down at himself.

You let out a deep sigh, looping whatever was left of your arms around his torso and pulling him close.

"Then there's nowhere else I'd rather be," you hummed, resting your head against his chest.

Smiling, Guy wrapped his arms around you, holding you tenderly as you both faded away into nothing.

Despite the somber reality, he was happy.

He couldn't have asked for a better way to go.

𝒍 𝒂 𝒏 𝒕 𝒆 𝒓 𝒏

You snapped your eyes open with gasp, frantically looking around, only to find yourself in a pod, its lid opening with a hiss.

'What the—'

"Peaches!" Guy happily exclaimed, lifting you out the pod and pulling you into a bone-crushing hug.

"Guy! What's going on?" you laughed, confused.

Taking a moment to look around the room, you noticed the huge wall of computers in front of you, along with the line of pods behind.

Not only that, but all of your Justice League International friends seemed to be okay.

"Welcome back, Chums!" Aquaman happily bellowed, throwing his hands in the air.

"Allow me to explain. I think you all deserve to know what happened the past few hours," J'onn started, flying to the center of the room. "This morning, you six agreed to enter a virtual reality training exercise. It was to see if you could handle a mission without me, Aquaman, or Batman present. You were put into the pods and teleported inside a virtual world, which is why some of the aspects didn't make complete sense."

'Ohhhhhh...'

"While teleporting I suppressed any memory of it being training, so you would believe what was happening was real. Of course, I had all of your permission before doing so. You were to stop a world-ending crisis all on your own, by any means necessary. Anything that anyone said, aside from you six, was pre-programmed, your actions being your own. Aquaman, Batman, and I were able to watch you all from these monitors to assess your performance. When you six got back to Earth with everyone safe, we pulled the plug to bring you out of the virtual world, which is why things began to glitch and fade."

"So did we pass?" Jaime asked, hopeful.

"Yes, you did," Batman nodded. "You proved that you could come up with a plan and adapt when it went awry. That was exactly what we were looking for."

"Let's do it again!" Tora cheered.

"I'm beat. I'm gonna go take a nap," Beatriz sighed, walking out the room with a slight slump.

"I'm late for an interview on the Jack Ryder show! Skeets! Tell 'em I'm on my way!" Booster panicked, he, too, making a quick exit.

The others also went their separate ways, as well, leaving you and Guy alone in the room.

"We still on for that date?" Guy asked, turning to you with a grin.

"Besselo Bistro. Eight o'clock," you smirked, giving him a quick peck on the cheek. "Don't be late."

"See ya then," he waved, watching in an elated daze and you turned to head out.

"See ya then."

𝒍 𝒂 𝒏 𝒕 𝒆 𝒓 𝒏