Chapter 88: A Plot Twist

Chapter 88:

After returning to the dorms, I felt utterly exhausted from the long day at school. My energy was drained, and I decided to head upstairs for the evening. Once in my room, I changed into something comfortable and settled down to finish the homework due the next day.

After completing my assignments, I lay in bed, ready to sleep, but rest eluded me. I lay there for what felt like an eternity, my mind restless and unwilling to succumb to slumber. My thoughts were plagued by the white-haired man whose encounters had caused me immense fear. Every time our paths crossed, terror followed, and the thought of him finding a way into my room in the middle of the night, to kidnap me kept my mind racing.

Desperately trying to distract myself, my thoughts drifted to a certain explosive blonde. Just then, my phone dinged.

"Are you still awake?"

I glanced at the screen and saw that the message was from him. A smile tugged at my lips. Above the new text, I noticed an older message from him that read:

"Please wake up, Y/N ❤️"

My heart ached as I checked the time and date; it had been sent while I was in a coma, and I'd never seen it before.

Quickly, I typed out a response, "Yeah, still awake."

His reply was almost immediate, "Can't sleep?"

"No :("

"Come here then."

Come here? I stared at his text, butterflies fluttering wildly in my stomach. Did he mean for me to go to his room?

I quickly stood up and closed my eyes, envisioning his room. When I opened them, I found myself standing in front of a shirtless Bakugou. My heart sank, and I gaped at him, mortified. My face burned with embarrassment as I took in the sight of his perfectly sculpted torso, my mouth going dry.

"I-I'm so sorry," I stammered, feeling humiliated and foolish. I quickly turned around, wanting to disappear.

"You could've at least knocked," he said with a huff of annoyance, his tone slightly teasing. I heard the rustling of clothes and turned back to see him now dressed in a black tank top, climbing into bed. He lifted the quilt and gestured for me to join him.

"Get in then," he said, a hint of softness in his voice.

My heart began to race... Getting into bed with a boy... This felt entirely different from last night. Anxiety surged through me, making me extremely nervous and a little scared.

"What are you looking at me like that for? I'm not gonna try anything weird, idiot," he huffed, a flicker of annoyance crossing his face.

"Oh... Um..." I stammered, walking toward the bed. Tentatively, I climbed into bed beside him, my heart still racing. The warmth of his presence began to soothe my restless mind, and for the first time that night, I felt a sense of peace.

I turned slightly to face him, feeling even more embarrassed that my mind had dared to venture towards the weird things Katsuki was clearly implying.

"That Reaper guy, he still worrying you?" he asked softly.

"A little..." I mumbled, hesitant to fully admit the truth. I didn't want him to see me as some pathetic weakling, but I also didn't want to keep anything from him.

"Sometimes..." I spoke up, my voice tinged with hesitation. "I get worried he'll break into my room in the middle of the night," I confessed, feeling scared.

"Well, you can stay here... I promise I won't let anything happen to you, alright?" he said gently, stroking my arm for reassurance.

I smiled a little, feeling safer and more secure next to him. He turned away from me, leaving a distinctive gap between us.