The Nickname

Chapter 6: The Nickname

The next morning, Shehnaaz walked into the hospital with a new resolve. She was determined to help Sidharth, and learning about his past had only deepened her empathy for him. As she entered his room, she found him gazing out of the window, lost in thought.

"Sidharth?" she called gently.

He turned, a flicker of recognition in his eyes. "Misti Doi," he said softly, a small smile playing on his lips.

Shehnaaz was taken aback by the nickname. "Misti Doi?"

Sidharth nodded. "It means sweet yogurt. Trisha... I used to call her that because she was the sweetest part of my life."

Shehnaaz's heart ached for him. "Sidharth, I'm not Trisha, but I want to help you. I want to be your friend."

Sidharth's smile faded. "I know you're not her, but you remind me so much of her. I can't help but feel connected to you."

Shehnaaz sat down beside him. "Tell me more about Trisha. Maybe it will help."

Sidharth hesitated for a moment, then began to speak. "Trisha and I grew up together. We were inseparable. She was always there for me, no matter what. We shared our dreams, our fears, everything."

He paused, his eyes distant. "We were supposed to get married. But that fire... it took everything from me."

Shehnaaz reached out, placing a hand on his. "I'm so sorry, Sidharth. I can't imagine how hard that must have been."

Sidharth looked at her, his gaze intense. "Misti Doi, I know you're not Trisha, but there's something about you that makes me feel like I can move on. I want to marry you."

Shehnaaz was stunned. "Sidharth, I..."

Before she could finish, Dr. Sharma entered the room. He saw the look on their faces and sensed the tension. "Is everything alright?"

Sidharth looked at his uncle. "I told her I want to marry her."

Dr. Sharma's eyes widened. "Sidharth, you need to take things slowly. Shehnaaz is here to help you, but you can't rush into decisions like this."

Shehnaaz nodded, trying to find the right words. "Sidharth, let's take one step at a time. I'm here for you, but we need to focus on your healing first."

Sidharth looked disappointed but nodded reluctantly. "Alright, Misti Doi. But promise me you'll stay by my side."

Shehnaaz smiled softly. "I promise."

As the days passed, Shehnaaz and Sidharth spent more time together. She listened to his stories about Trisha, learning more about the woman who had left such a deep mark on his heart. She shared her own dreams and aspirations, slowly building a bridge of trust between them.

One evening, as they sat in the garden, Sidharth looked at her with a thoughtful expression. "Misti Doi, do you believe in second chances?"

Shehnaaz pondered the question. "I do. Everyone deserves a chance to find happiness again."

Sidharth nodded. "Then maybe, just maybe, we can find that happiness together."

Shehnaaz felt a surge of hope. "We'll take it one day at a time, Sidharth. Together."

No update tomorrow so I'm giving second update 
And  please vote do comments and follow me
Share the story

Or I will be  deleting the story