3.16 | Into the Unkown

Capítulo XVI- Ir a lo desconocido

The Hargreeves' family's quick and heavy footsteps echoed through the tunnel. It made their heavy breathings from adrenaline non-existent. Vydia felt Five's fingertips hovering over her back. She was right behind Allison. Their pace slowed as they reached the end. Lila opened the door with Diego behind her, hoisting up the harpoon gun. When the room was clear, they exited the tunnel to check the hall.

The Umbrellas and Sparrows dispersed in the room, glancing in different directions. The buffalo room was all the same, except inverted. The buffalo's rear stuck out of the wall rather than the head. Vydia raised an eyebrow at it and slowly turned away.

Viktor heaved as they made way to the center of the room. They weren't sure how far they ran, but if the adrenaline from escaping the end wasn't enough to get their hearts racing, the tunnel's length did. "Let's never do that again."

"What, narrowly escape the apocalypse?" Five questioned, fixing his hair into place.

Diego clutched the harpoon closer to himself and peaked over the door, replying, "It's kind of our thing, isn't it?"

Vydia scoffed. "Unfortunatly."

Allison turned to Ben as he flicked the buffalo's tail. "There's something very wrong about that."

"Same suite, just ass-backward," Lila pointed out.

Five remarked, "No hyperbole there."

"This is some hardcore Alice in Wonderland shit."

"Yeah, it only gets weirder," Diego unfortunately confirmed.

Reginald raced out of the tunnel. He rapidly shut the door and leaned against it, out of breath. He quietly huffed out, "At last, the other side."

Viktor stumbled over his words. "W-Wait. Where's Klaus?"

Vydia glimpsed around the room, counting the people. She couldn't find a head of long, wavy hair. She should have known better than to walk right into the tunnel without looking behind. It wasn't a coincidence Luther was killed after they voted to stay behind. Now Klaus?

"Children, I'm sorry, but your brother... I did all I could-"

"Bullshit," Vydia snapped. She stepped up to him, still keeping a lid over the anger boiling inside her. It wasn't fair how they lost two people when the rest of them were standing in the room. "You left him behind!"

"That's absurd! Why would I? When the future of our universe is in our hands? He didn't make it through in time. The Kugelblitz has claimed its last victim," he explained, panting.

Five firmly said, "No, he was right behind me when I entered the tunnel."

Sloane gently pulled Vydia away from Reginal. Vydia let her. It was not the time to blow up in his face when they had no idea what they were up against. Sloane pled, "We need to go back."