Surprise at the weekly meeting and Dark and Carmilla's relationship

(June 15, 1955 at Dark's office at the Apostles of Chaos HQ)

Lute: You seriously want me to come to the meeting with you for the weekly meeting?! You know very well that if I see Adam, I'll kill him with my own hands!

Me: Lute, I know you would never want to go, but I really want you to be there! When Charlie starts her dream of redemption, she will have to have contact with Heaven to get her idea accepted, and I don't want your hatred towards Heaven to ruin that.

Lute: I-I can control myself…..

Me: Seriously? The last time we talked about Heaven, barely 5 minutes into the discussion, you let off steam on the training machines and broke them all in 10 minutes, I must have recommended everything!

Lute: That was a long time ago! I've changed now!

Me: It was 1 week ago Lute….

Lute:....

Me:.... Listen….

I put my hand on his shoulder

Me: I know perfectly well your aversion against heaven, I also feel it due to their stupidity of the perfection that White taught them. But you have to understand Lute, that without Heaven, Charlie's dream does not come true.

Lute:.. You… you can't force them?

Me: Yes, I can, but what would be Charlie's job in all this? She will never want to ask me for help like this, she will want to do it alone. I could help her in different ways, but she will never want to do it like this, forced by my presence and the request for heaven to listen to her.

I may be a God, but each person has their role to play, I already take liberties that I shouldn't, but I do it as a grandfather as a god, my role as a god is to destroy (even if now humans already do all my work) but as a Grandfather, and to support my granddaughter physically and mentally, you understand?

Lute:.... Yes Dark…

Me: Well, you can go, get ready for tomorrow, put on your usual armor…

Lute leaves the office.

I rest quietly on my couch, thinking about my life…

For some time now, my lifestyle was special, that I never chose, my life has not changed at all far from it…. but….

Since I met Carmilla, my life had become… strange, strangely good.

We now have meetings in our houses, the first time she saw my home…she was petrified by its size.

Her daughters, Clara and Odette, often came with them, she now calls me uncle now, which I accepted quite easily, since Millie already calls me with no there.

And for Carmilla…our relationship has…evolved.

We can say that now we are friends, that I trust her enough, even to the point of giving my real identity.

But I don’t know…. But I… I… can’t say it…. Something blocks

What I feel with her becomes every time… every…