07 - Big Time Briefing

A solid bump eventually brought Kendall back from unconsciousness. Still dazed, he rolled over on his side to discover that the ground was a lot different than he remembered...

He was then snapped awake with the realization that he wasn't in his own bed, at the Estate, or anywhere else he could remember for that matter.

"What the...?"

Startled, he jumped up to truly check his surroundings. He got a good look at the inside of the militaristic-looking plane, as well as the only other people in it, those being Cammy and Carlos.

The latter was pretty much still unconscious (not that he could blame him) while the former was awake as well, her arms folded.

"You're awake. Good."

"Where the hell are we?"

"At this particular point? International airspace."

This answer did next to nothing to soothe away Kendall's annoyance. "Why?"

Cammy seemed to mirror his feelings. "Chun-Li took pity on you four, basically. There isn't much more to it than that."

From there, she quickly rattled off an explanation. After a confrontation with James back in the Estate's hallway, Chun-Li had gotten the feeling that no matter what she had said, the four boys wouldn't have just stayed in their rooms and let the women do their jobs. So, with the help of Cammy, Karin, her butler, Shibasaki, and some of the remaining ninjas on hand, they organized a little test for them. They would have let the band go unchallenged if they could get through all the ninjas and defeat the two of them at the end.

"Objectively speaking, you failed, though I guess I respect your efforts and... I guess I can see where you're coming from, too. That's why you're even here."

That last bit was delivered with an unusual amount of softness for her.

It didn't take him much longer to notice the absence of his other friends, but before he could open his mouth to bring it up...

"Logan and James are with Chun-Li. They're on another plane searching for FANG and your sister. We'll be doing the same with Vega and your mother."

Still trying to process this load of new information, he had to ask, "Gustavo and Kelly...?"

"They know all about it. Who do you think we planned that little scheme out with?"

Despite everything, he perked up at the obvious implication made about the two. "So, okay?"

"About as well as they can be... Gustavo's busy recovering under the care of some of the world's top medical practitioners and his wounds weren't fatal, thank God. Kelly's holding up about as well as you might expect. She's terrified, but still very much alive."

"How do you know?"

"I checked before we left. The plane also has a video screen that we can use to communicate with the others." Cammy motioned towards the screen connected to a dock hovering above their seats.

"Um... May I ask where we're going?"

"Us? We're headed overseas. Have ever performed in...Metro City?"

---

In the plane that the other two boys and Chun-Li were in...

"Nayshall?!" James and Logan exclaimed before the former looked at the smarter of the two expecting some exposition, which he was happy to give.

" a small country in Eastern Asia. It's developing quite nicely, from what I hear..."