After the Whistle-Lauryn McCabe×Y/N

The sun hung low in the sky as the Arsenal training session wrapped up, casting a golden hue over the pitch. Y/N leaned against the fence, watching Lauryn McCabe sprint through the last few drills. Her determination and skill always captivated Y/N, making her heart swell with admiration.

Once the whistle blew, signaling the end of practice, Lauryn jogged over, wiping sweat from her brow. "Hey! Did you catch that last drill? I think I finally nailed that pass!"

Y/N grinned, her heart racing at the sight of Lauryn's infectious enthusiasm. "You were incredible! The way you read the game is something else."

Lauryn beamed, her eyes lighting up at the compliment. "Thanks! It means a lot coming from you." She paused, glancing around to ensure the coast was clear. "Want to grab a quick bite? Just us?"

Y/N felt a flutter in her stomach. "I'd love that."

As they walked to a nearby café, the easy banter flowed between them. They shared stories about their day, laughter ringing out as they teased each other. Sitting across from each other, Y/N noticed the way Lauryn's eyes sparkled when she spoke passionately about football.

"Honestly, I don't think I'd be where I am without the support from you and the team," Lauryn said, her tone more serious.

Y/N met her gaze, warmth spreading through her. "You're the one who works hard every day. You inspire all of us, Lauryn."

A moment of silence lingered between them, charged with unspoken feelings. Lauryn leaned forward, her voice softening. "I really appreciate you being here. It makes a difference."

Feeling bold, Y/N reached out, brushing her fingers against Lauryn's. "I want to be here. For you. Always."

Lauryn's breath caught, and a shy smile crossed her lips. "You mean that?"

"Of course," Y/N replied, heart racing.

In that moment, the connection between them deepened. Lauryn squeezed Y/N's hand gently, a silent promise hanging in the air.

As they finished their meal, the sun dipped below the horizon, painting the sky in hues of pink and purple. Together, they walked back, fingers entwined, both feeling a sense of belonging that neither had expected but both craved.

In the quiet comfort of their shared moment, they knew this was just the beginning.