01 october | todoroki x bakugo

Pumpkin Carving

If someone were to walk into the Todoroki-Bakugo household, they would probably call the authorities. Or at least, some Heroes.

The walls were covered in a strange, orange sludge that dripped down toward the floor. Little white... seeds were encapsulated in the sludge, and the smell! It was putrid, enough to make you cover your nose and mouth.

However, if you were to walk a little further into the house, around the corner and into the kitchen, you would see there was no danger... well, not exactly.

"Shoto! What the fuck are you doing!"

"It's pumpkin carving, Katsuki. I'm carving."

"The pumpkin is already dead; you don't have to mutilate it."

Shoto puts down the knife. "Fine! If you don't want me to help with the pumpkin carving, all you have to do was say so!"

Katsuki can barely contain his laughter at the twenty-three year old adult, currently pouting because he's failing at carving the pumpkin. "Sho, okay, I'm sorry. Yes, I do want you to help with the pumpkin carving, and I'm sorry I made you feel otherwise. However, you're not supposed to stab the pumpkin."

"You're not supposed to blow it up, either," Shoto mumbles under his breath, but loud enough for the other to hear. "Have you seen the walls?"

"Alright, come 're."

Katsuki situates his boyfriend between his legs, hooking his ankles together to secure him in place. Grabbing his hand with the knife, he carefully starts a sawing motion. In-and-out, in-and-out. He can feel Shoto's hand start to relax, conforming to the motion of carving. After a while, he's able to let go and let Shoto carve the pumpkin himself.

"I knew you could do it," Katsuki says softly as he watches his boyfriend with admiration. "You're going to have the prettiest pumpkin in the neighborhood."

Looking at his slightly deformed pumpkin, Shoto smiles. "Really?"

"Absolutely."

just wanted to write some short one shots for halloween season 🎃
i'll do more than just todobaku 💞