Chapter 1

Midday;

There is only one place in all of Azdon that can hold each of the pureblooded elements. The Caverns of the Alclons. The caverns can host a climate suitable for every element. The caverns are majestically purple. Its walls are made up of purely transparent crystals. It's the only place where you can see magic move freely around you. With that being said it also holds all the meetings with the elemental royals. There aren't many meetings. But this year there are ten times as many meetings as usual. And that means trouble.

A round golden table stood in the middle of the meeting spot. Ten chairs for ten azdonian royals. The meeting became as restless as they were. As none of them were able to get their beauty sleep from the night before. Not when there's a fleet of 6,000 men on the Azdonian harbor. And not when the fate of Azdon is in their feeble hands.

"He has his army ready while we have absolutely nothing." Proclaimed a raspy voice. That voice was easy to put a name to, as none other than Barak, the king of fire. He's been known to be a haughty and disdainful man. But he does care. To a point.

"There's not much we can do, we are still trying to rebuild our armies from the Dark wars." King Alden of the Earth kingdom stated.

"We have to tell the public. We have to move them to the caverns. That's the one place where King Iknar won't be able to reach." King Cealus asserted. He wasn't much of a talker. Mostly because not many things involved his kingdom. The wind kingdom stays pretty neutral. But as of now, it does involve him whether he likes it or not.

"Not if he has the Azpurem." King Alden mumbled as he glanced towards Emzia. He knew of their daughter. He knew what she could possibly become. He figured it out quite a while ago. His daughter met their daughter on a week-long outing with her mother. And as you know kids talk about everything.

"And how will he get that? The staff is gone!" King Barak barked. The one thing he hated most of all was that stupid saff. For it caused a tumultuous amount of trouble. Not only for him, but for all of Azdon.

"The staff isn't gone." Emzia murmured.

"What do you mean it isn't gone, Marina destroyed it!" Caelus stirred.

"She didn't destroy it. She hid it. If she destroyed it then we'd be back in the dark war like nothing ever happened." Ezmia stated.

"So where is it?" Barak demanded.

"You'd think I'd tell you?" Ezmia exclaimed savagely.

"I don't think you have a choice!" Barak replied with a devious smirk as the others agreed. They needed to know where the staff was. They needed to be ready to defend it at all costs. If Ezmia died, none of them would know where to look for it and even if they did, it could already be too late.

"The Manthorpian has it in his grasp. No one can get to it. If you go into the sea you're dead." Ezmia stated.

"If no one can reach it then why worry?" King Alden chimed in.

"We worry because Iknar is smart enough to capture the Manthorpian to make the sea safe to swim in." Ezmia explained.

"The Manthorpian never leaves the sea." Caelus proclaimed.

"Except for the blood moon." Ezmia persisted.

"No one even knows when the blood moon is. It could be years before it comes. Besides, without the staff the Polythesians are harmless. We can defeat them easily." King Barak sneered.

"It's not going to be that easy. He wouldn't be here if he didn't have a plan." She inquired.

"Well I'm not going to wait around for him to make his first move. The sooner we deal with this nonsense, the better." Barak exclaimed.