Chapter Six: The Last Night

This is the last night you'll spend alone

Look me in the eyes so I know you know

I'm everywhere you want me to be.

The last night you'll spend alone,

I'll wrap you in my arms and I won't let go,

I'm everything you need me to be.

~The Last Night by Skillet~

Bubbles walked in the room, and shut her eyes. She sighed and heard the radio softly playing, and listening to the kids running around. She knew some kids knew that their gonna die, but still live their life. Some kids don't even know it, but live life like the cancer never was there. But she, she was waiting for death. So all the pain could be taken away.

The ringing started to ring in her ears, and she flinched in the pain. But hoping that it'll go away. She knew that not telling anyone was dangerous, but she couldn't help but not get help. She didn't wanna stay here on Earth. She wanted to go to the better place, where she could smile, dance, sing and just be her.

"Bubbles?" She heard someone knocked on the door. She turned and saw Buttercup standing there. 

"Yeah?" Bubbles asked as Buttercup walked in and sat on Boomer's bed and rubbed her face.

"You do realize, that you should get the treatment. I know you want to go away, but I'm sure someone wants you to be here for them." Buttercup said as Bubbles looked at her shoes and closed her eyes.

"But I don't wanna stay here. Yeah, my grandma wants me to get better but I don't want too! She just acts like she's cares. Why does she act like she cares?! Why can't my mom and dad just stay with me. I mean, if they wanted a child, then why have sex! I mean cover it up, then you wouldn't have a child." Bubbles said as she fell to her knees. Buttercup ran over, and Bubbles wrapped her arms around Buttercup aching bones. Buttercup gasped slighty but wrapped her arms around the weeping child.

"Bubbles, I'm pretty sure your parents wanted you." Buttercup said as Bubbles shook her head.

"No! They never stay with me! I wanted to be the perfect child they always wanted! No, I ended up with cancer!" Bubbles screamed as she looked at the cieling.

"Why?! Why did you give me cancer! Why couldn't I be normal! Just once, I wanna be normal!" Bubbles yelled at the cieling. Buttercup looked at the pain in Bubbles face, and she held back the tears. She watched Bubbles stood up and grabbed the picture frame of Bubbles and her parents. She looked at it with tears streaming down her face. She screamed and threw the picture on the ground, she fell on the ground and felt sharp pains up and down her legs.

"Bubbles, no one is normal. Yes, we have cancer. Yes, we never wanted. No, we can't change it. He gave us this cancer for a reason. To see if we could fight it. To see how strong we are. We might not feel like were strong, or even worth the air we breath. But we, we are us. No one can change us, no one can say were perfect the way we are. No one has the perfect life, perfect child, just because your parents doesn't see it. Doesn't mean others can't see it in us." Buttercup said as she moved a piece of Bubbles hair. Bubbles looked at Buttercup and Buttercup wrapped her arms around her.

"We all have our battle scars. But tonight, this is your last night alone. Cause I'm always here, no is gonna take me away. Not no one." Buttercup said as Bubbles smiled and hugged her back. What now she can call Buttercup, her friend.

Brick paced in the garden, and his mouth felt like a million needles going through his mouth. He felt all the kicks from the bullies, all the nights that he smelled the smoke. Heavier than before. He started to remember running away from the house when he was little, just to get away from his famliy.

He sighed and sat on the bench, and pulled his knees to his chest. He heard the children giggles as they ran past the garden with their arms spread apart like airplanes and a small smile went across his face. He saw the kids acting like nothing was wrong with them. 

Some was bald, some was losing their hair, some had their full hair, others had wigs. Brick watched the kids, and one caught his eye. An african american child, his hair was barely seen, his skin was dark with light spots. His brown eyes scanned the garden, like he was scared of the world. Brick stood up and walked over to the child. The child looked at him, and Brick smiled and motioned his hand for the bench. The child nodded as Brick sat next to him.

"What's your name?" The child asked Brick, as Brick gulped and looked at him.

"B-bric-k." Brick studdered out. 

"My name is Jaylin." The child said as he held out his hand. Brick smiled and took his hand.

"H-how are y-y-you?" Brick asked as Jaylin shrugged.

"Besides being a loner, I'm fine. You?" Jaylin asked as Brick shrugged. Jaylin looked over Brick, and then down at his shoes.

"You don't talk a lot, do you?" Jaylin asked as Brick nodded.

"S-s-sor-ry." Brick studdered out as Jaylin waved his hand in the air.

"It's not your fault." Jaylin said as Brick smiled at Jaylin. The bedtime bell rung and Jaylin and Brick stood up.

"I'll see you later, yeah?" Jaylin asked as Brick nodded. "Great bye." Jaylin said as he jogged off.

"Bye." Brick whrispered as he walked to his room. And struggling to breath in the process.

Heyyo Guys!!!!!

I'm so sorries!! I would have updated sooner, but idk what to write so I wrote some things I've been feeling!!! And when I was writing this, I was listening to Fix A Heart by Demi Lovato, and Life In My Stomach by BMike. Which are amaZAYNing songs!!!! So what we thinks about this chap???? Tells me!!!

Wells Byes Loves Y'alls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!