t w o

"Okay so I was thinking Chipotle. How's that?" Brayden asked as we hoped in my car. "Yeah that sounds good." I said with a smile as we drove off.

* * *

     Once Brayden and I sat down with our food, he began to speak, "I don't understand." 

"What?" I asked, taking a bite from my burrito bowl. "What do you see in him?" He asks, sipping his drink. "Jason is such a sweet guy. Plus, he's a really good kisser." I can still remember his lips on mine. So soft and delicate yet powerful and lustful. "He's just another asshole that is going to break your heart, Ter." I don't believe him, Jason is such a sweetheart. And, Brayden doesn't even know Jason. What could go wrong? 

   "Anyway, enough about me. Let's talk about you. So.... Tell me about Tyler!" I begged and his cheeks turned bright red. "We're going out tomorrow night! He's taking me to see The Gallows and he's picking me up!" This was the cutest thing ever! I love seeing Brayden happy, plus, Tyler is a babe. "I'm so happy for you!" I said, hugging him tightly against the table. Then my phone buzzed. I sat back and pulled my iPhone 6 out. It was a text from Jason. 

Jason<3: Hey babe

Me: Heyy

Jason<3: We should do something tomorrow ;)

Me: Like what? ;)

"Is that Jason?" Brayden complained and I blushed. He just smiled and playfully rolled his eyes. 

Jason<3: You're home alone this whole week right??

Me: yea...

Jason<3: Perfect I'll be over tomorrow at 8 

Me: Watcha got planned ;)

Jason<3: Oh you'll see

"Oh my god you're not sexting him are you?" Brayden exclaimed and I gasped. "No!" I protested and smiled, playfully hitting shoulder. He chuckled lightly. 

* * *

   "Bye Ter!" Brayden said, hopping out of my car, grabbing his backpack. "You better tell me everything that happens tomorrow!" I said pointing at him. He just smiled and walked into his house. 

    Once I got home, I was extremely tired. I could feel my eyelids become heavy and a yawn escaped my lips. I basically dragged myself upstairs and into my bedroom.  I flopped onto my bed and got comfortable. I was so happy at the moment, until my phone started to ring. "Ugh." I groaned and picked it up, "Hello?" I muffled, half of my face stuffed in the pillow. "Hi sweetheart, how are you?" 

"Oh, hey Mom." I was happy to hear her voice. "I just wanted to remind you to feed the dog! I knew you'd probably forget. You usually do." 

"Gee, thanks Milf." I can hear her laugh through the speaker. 

"I love you, your father and I will see you soon, alright?" 

"Wait, can I talk to Dad?" I beg. "I'm sorry hun, he's on the phone right now with work." 

"When is he not..." My head fell in disappointment and my eyes became watery. "I'll have him call you later tonight. We love you." 

"I love you, too." And I ended the call. My father is always working. Always. I never get to see him and it kills me. We use to do everything together. Play football together, go to the batting cages, the movies, sporting events. We were bestfriends, until work really kicked in. Now he's never around. By the time I wake up, he already left. When he gets home, I'm already asleep. It hurts. It feels as if my father doesn't exist anymore. Then my mother's words pop into my head. I've got to feed the dog!