Chapter Thirty-eight ~ Only the Beginning

(Your POV)

"YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED?" Grell screamed over the phone. I held the phone away from my ear as Sebastian chuckled. We were driving back to school, and I had decided to call Grell about the engagement.

"Yes, now use your inside voice," I told him, rubbing my ear that was ringing."He asked me a few days ago, and I was going to wait to tell you until I saw you in person, but I couldn't wait."

"Was it romantic?" Grell purred, and I could only guess that he was wagging his eyebrows.

"He asked me while we were cooking dinner one night," I told him, looking at the ring on my finger. It was so delicate, yet elegant. The silver band with the (f/c) jewel, it was stunning. "I was cooking and when I turned around, he was there, done on one knee with the ring."

"HE DID IT WHILE YOU WERE COOKING? HOW IS THAT ROMANTIC!" I held the phone away from my ear again, wincing at the noise. "Bassy needs to step up his game, because that is not romantic what so ever..."

"I thought it was romantic," I muttered, and Sebastian reached over to hold my hand. I held it back, and he winked at me before looking back at the road. "I think he did just fine asking me." Sebastian rubbed a circle on my hand with his thumb, and I smiled at him. "It shouldn't bother you how he asked me, and you should be happy for me, not trying to burst my eardrums."

"I'm sorry," he replied, his voice getting soft. Grell could always be so excitable, and he did mean the best. "Hows the baby?"

"The baby fine," I said, and Sebastian put our intertwined hands on my stomach. "We went and saw our doctor, and he said everything is normal. We don't know the gender yet, but I don't want to know yet. Other than that, everything's going good."

"That's good," I heard him say, and I could only guess he was smiling. "When will you be back?"

"We should be back in a few more hours, so I'll let you go," I said, glancing at the clock to see it was a little past one in the afternoon. "Sebastian is giving me a look to put the phone down. Think of more names."

"I will!" He squealed, getting excited. "Drive safe!"

"Bye," Grell hung up the phone, and I looked at Sebastian. He was focusing on the road, so I looked at his profile. He had let go of my hand to put it on the wheel, because he knew I would yell at him to use both hands.

"Grell seemed rather happy," he noted, not looking at me. I put my chair back slightly, laying on my side in the chair. "I could hear everything he was saying."

"He gets very excited at times," I said, pushing my (h/l)(h/c) hair out of my face. "I'm guessing you had talked to Claude about it before you asked?"

"Actually no," he said which surprised me slightly. Normally Sebastian would tell Claude about it. "I talked to him about it after the fact, because I knew how I wanted to ask you. My mother was the only one I talked to about it. She came up with the idea to ask you while we cooked. She actually knows how to make mostaccioli."

"I knew I liked your mother," I said with a smile, closing my eyes. The steady movement of the car made me tired. I always liked driving in cars, it always made me sleepy.

"You tired kitten?" Sebastian asked, and I opened my eyes to find his crimson ones looking at me.

"You could say that," I told him, closing my eyes again. My phone buzzed, and I opened it to find a message from Hannah.

Contact: Hannah

Grell just told me you're getting married? Why didn't you tell me?

Contact: Me

I wanted to tell you in person, but I guess Grell couldn't wait to tell people :(

Contact: Hannah

Oh... when you get back, you need to come to my dorm immediately, because you need to start thinking about dresses and stuff!

Contact: Me

Yes ma'am

"Who was that?" Sebastian asked, watching me mess with my phone. I put my phone back in my pocket, sighing slightly.

"It was Hannah," I mumbled, closing my eyes slightly. "She was upset, because Grell was the one to tell her that I was getting married. I will have to have some words with Grell when we get back... I bet by the time we get back, the entire school is going to know."

"Is that a bad thing?" He asked, his eyebrow raised, but still paying attention to the road. "Isn't everyone going to find out to begin with?"

"You don't hear about many seniors in highschool getting married," I muttered, crossing my arms over my chest. "I just don't want anymore attention than we are already getting. It makes me uncomfortable being the center of attention."

"Why shouldn't you be the center of attention?" Sebastian asked, staring at me out of the corner of his eye. "You are now my beautiful fiancee that is carrying my child. Just think, in about two more months we will graduate, and then we will be free of those idiots from our school."

"I guess you're right... " I said to him, looking out the window. "I would like to still go to college."

"Who says you shouldn't?"

"People say your life ends after the child, but I still want to do college. It doesn't matter if it's online or something, but I want to be able to provide for our child," I told him, turning back to look at him.

"I believe you will be able to do anything you set your mind to," he told me, looking at me with a smile. "Now get some rest."

I sighed, but he was right. I was tired... Since I was good with food, I was tempted to do something with the culinary arts. 'Working with food would be fun...' I thought, leaning my head back and closing my eyes. 'This baby is not ending my life, this baby is only the beginning of my life...' Pretty soon I had drifted to sleep.

~~~~~

Author's Note,

I thought why not write another part and post it earlier than I normally do. I hope you guys enjoy the story, because I have had an awesome time writing this story! Please vote and comment, because I enjoy seeing that people have things to say about my story!

Abby

Disclaimer~
I do not own Black Butler or any of it's characters! I do not own you or your character. The only thing I own is the plot and how the characters interact with you.