Enders (3)

I'd missed Dex more than any of my other teammates, for pretty obvious reasons. I missed the feeling of his lips on mine, the feelings of his hands on my body, and just the feeling of having him beside me. He'd always managed to make me feel safe whenever he was around.

And I'd kind of missed that feeling. That feeling of safety. After learning what I was, what I could do, the last thing I felt was safe. But with Dex there, I was starting to feel safe once again.

With Kristie out of the room doing who knew what, Dex had snuck in and we were now making out on my bed. His hands moved up and down my body as we kissed, which was something I wasn't used to but still enjoyed.

There were a lot of things I still didn't know. I was still pretty clueless about a lot of things. But I knew Dex would help me as much as he could with anything I didn't understand.

When the door suddenly opened, Dex and I didn't even have enough time to push away from each other. I was still on top of him, my skirt riding up as we turned our heads in the direction of Anthony, who had been the one to open the door.

"Why?" he practically whined as Dex pulled my skirt down. "You haven't even been back for twenty-four hours yet and you have to stuff your tongues in each other's mouths?"

"Dude, it's been three months," Dex objected, removing me from on top of him and placing me beside him on the bed. It was like I was as light as a feather. And to Dex, I probably was. "You're lucky all I'm shoving my tongue in is her mouth."

I blinked, confused. "What do you mean?"

"Don't have him explain," Anthony sighed with a shake of his head. "You don't want to know."

"She's got to learn someday," Dex shrugged. "Better sooner than later."

"I'll leave you two to that conversation," Anthony sighed, turning back toward the hallway and beginning to close the door. "Hank and Nay want us all in the meeting room. They're about to give us our first mission."

And then he was gone, which made Dex practically flip me over so that I was now underneath him on the bed. He moved in to kiss me once again, but I rolled my eyes and pushed him off of me. He stared back at me, surprised.

"We're needed right now, lover boy," I informed him, sliding off the bed and straightening out my clothes. The last thing I wanted was for Hank and Nay to think that Dex and I were doing anything.

He groaned, reaching out and wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me back onto the bed with him. "Do we have to?" he complained.

I swatted at his arms, and this caused him to let go of me, though I didn't hop off the bed right away. "Yes," I answered, even though that should have been obvious. "You're not excited about going on a mission?"

Dex looked at me flatly. "I haven't been able to kiss you for three months," he reminded me. "That's much more important to me than any mission ever could be."

I rolled my eyes and hopped off the bed, though secretly I was happy that he had said that. I was glad that I was important to him, because he was just as important to me.

"Let's go," I complained, yanking on his hand.

He groaned, pushing himself off the bed and following me out of the room. "Are you that excited to see your boyfriend?" he questioned.

I stopped in the hallway, turning back toward him, completely confused by his statement. "Boyfriend? What are you talking about?"

"Anthony," Dex smirked, and my eyes went wide. "I mean, you did kiss him."