Chapter 2

May 2, 1970, Philadelphia, PA, Hotel Palomar

Destiny Myers' POV

My feet hurt, my head hurts, my ears are ringing from all those girls screaming in my ear, and I really want to be home right now. My parents had to work so my big sister, Denaysja, had to babysit me. Since I can't stay home by myself just yet, I had to go with her to that stupid Jackson 5 concert. Don't get me wrong, I love the Jackson 5, I just don't like all those girls screaming in your ear and pushing and pulling you to get closer to the boys. It's not like any of us have a chance with the boys anyway, well at least that's what I thought. 

Apparently, Denaysja found a way to talk to Jermaine and now they're going to meet up at his hotel room. Of course I have to go with her. I personally think it's a bad idea but why would my fifteen year-old sister, who thinks she knows everything, listen to me, a twelve year-old? Well at least I get to meet Jermaine Jackson.

Michael Jackson's POV

"Alright Michael, we've been over this", Jermaine says. "As soon as Denaysja gets here you go straight in the living room and go to sleep alright?". As much as I hate what my brothers do, I reluctantly agree. I grab a blanket and a pillow and lay down on the couch and attempt to fall asleep. 

*5 minutes later*

I hear a knock on the door and immediately hear a girl's voice. I can't quite hear what they're saying because I try to ignore it, but I do hear the girl ask, "is that little Michael?". I hate when girls ask that, I'm not little anymore. I'm older than Randy and I don't hear them asking, "is that little Randy?". As soon as I hear the door to the bedroom close, I immediately sit up. Once I sit up, I look by the door and see a girl with an irritated look on her face. Who is she?

Destiny Myers' POV

Well something good did come out of this, I met Jermaine Jackson. Scratch that off my bucket list. As soon as I they go in the bedroom and close the door, I get angry and irritated again. I really want to go home and on top of that I have to pee. Most people would just use the hotel bathroom, but not me. I will never, ever, ever use a public restroom and that's a promise. Then again I really gotta go. I knew it was a bad idea to drink two big cups of Root Beer at the concert. As I'm mentally arguing with myself, I hear rustling of some covers and my head shoots to the couch. Once the person gets the covers off, instantly recognize that afro. I can't believe I am in the same room as Michael Jackson. "Umm, hi", Michael says shyly. "Hi", I say. "What is your name", Michael asks. "Destiny, Destiny Myers", I say confidently shaking his hand. "Oh, well nice to meet you Destiny. I'm Michael", he says smiling at me. I giggle and say, "I already know that". He laughs and asks, "What are you doing here?". "I got dragged here by my sister Denaysja", I say. "Oh. Does she hook up with guys a lot?", he asks. "I couldn't answer that question, I'm normally home this time of night", I say looking to the clock which reads 11:53 pm. "Well my brothers always sneak girls in the room this late at night". 

An awkward silence suddenly fills the room so I decide to start up a conversation. "The concert was great", I say. "You and your brothers are really talented". "You were at the concert?", he asks. "I can't believe I didn't notice you". "How could you notice me out of all those screaming girls?". "I always notice a pretty face". I then find myself blushing and smiling like crazy. I just met the dude and I'm already starting to like him. "Ya know, smooth talking won't get you anything special", I say smiling and lightly punching his arm. "Not even a hug?", he asks poking me in the arm. "Maybe", I say winking at him. As soon as I started talking to Michael, my urging sensation to pee suddenly went away. 

Michael Jackson's POV

Destiny is a really cool girl. I would ask if she'd like to hang out again soon but we're only in town for tonight, so that means I may never see her pretty face and smile again. Wow I don't usually fall for girls this fast but this girl is different. She doesn't have big legs and her eyes aren't that big but she'll do. Wait, what am I saying? I am never gonna see this girl again, let me not get attached to her. "You wanna play twenty-one questions?", I ask her scooting over on the couch so she can sit. "Sure", she says sitting down. "What's your favorite color?", I ask her. "Red", she says. "What's your favorite food?". "KFC", I say. 

*1 hour later* 

The game went on for another hour. I think we asked way more than twenty-one questions. I learned a lot about her. She's kind of a tomboy. She's originally from Canton, Ohio, but moved to Philadelphia when she was around four. I told her some things about me too, more than I would tell my own mother. I even told her the story about Joseph finding my shoe in the kitchen and how I threw it at him and how he chased me around the house. The part that really got her was when I hid under the bed. I even told her about my pet rat, Mr. Rat. She laughed at how "unique" his name was. Her laugh is infectious and could make anybody laugh. As I'm telling her more stories about my childhood, the doorknob on the bedroom door begins to jiggle. I immediately remember what Jermaine told me earlier about pretending to be asleep. "Destiny it was nice meeting you", I say quickly hoping I won't get caught. "Same here, see you later Michael", she says. "Oh and here", she says giving me a quick hug which gave me butterflies. She then goes and stands by the door waiting for her sister to come out. I wrap up in my blanket just in time to not get caught. That night I went to sleep with a smile on my face thinking about Destiny. I hope I get to see her again.

Destiny Myers' POV

Tonight was one of the best nights of my life. I got to see The Jackson 5 in concert and I got to meet Jermaine and Michael Jackson. My friends will never believe this. Although I may never see Michael again, I can't help but think about him. His smile, his laugh, and when we hugged I got butterflies. I never knew a person could have that much of an effect on you. He really turned my entire night around. Tonight I'm going to sleep great while thinking about Michael.

-Chapter 2 was longer and I hope you like it

-Chapter 3 should be up tomorrow

-#MOONWALKERNATION

-#MOONWALKER4LIFE