Chapter 5 | Hit me

From satisfaction to a look of regret as if now coming to terms with what he had just done. Before I could blink he was on his knees next to me. "O God, Violet! I'm so sorry."

Before I could protest huge arms were cradling me pulling me into a huge warm body. I felt a chill run through me. Shock from the slap and the fact that he was on the ground pulling me to him and was he shaking?

"I'm so sorry Violet." He was rocking me like a child and his words kept repeating over and over but I couldn't hear anything he was saying. All my eighteen years of life and soon to be nineteen, I had never been hit by a male before and the revelation of how it felt had me feeling to curl into a ball and cry for hours. I was not a crier or someone to linger on much emotions other than anger and irritation but I felt a tear slide down from my face onto my cheek and dripping into my kidnapper's T-shirt.

Getting furious that this man made me cry I focused on only that emotion when I began pushing with all my strength to get of his hold. "Let.Me.Go!" I let out through clenched teeth.

His hands slowly released as if he was afraid that letting me go too quickly was going to make me crumple into little pieces. When his hands were loose enough I pushed myself away from him and dragged myself to my feet and went to the wall furthest away from him. Even when there was a huge hunk of space between us I still felt too close. I wanted out. He hit me once and I could see more in the future from an abusive captor.

I didn't do good with manners really and I couldn't submit to anyone, it was just my nature to stand bold and be myself and speak freely. I didn't see any of those things happening while I stayed here. I hated this man and from the sick look in his eyes showing his regret for what he did I could see I meant more to him than he was telling me.

"I want to go home."

Rubbing his face in his palms he shook his head then got to his feet, standing to his full 6'6 height. "I'm sorry Violet but I can't. I want you here."

The pain in my right cheek was almost gone now but I'm sure my cheek was still red from the impact on my pale skin. "I c-can't be with you. I have a life and my mother is at home probably going crazy! wondering where her daughter is." I felt another set of tears rim my eyes and I hated the sign of weakness but my mother was my weakness she was the only person I had left and I, hers.

I waited for his reply and silently tried to calm down my ragging heartbeat. My mother, my sweet over protective mother that only wished the best for me. She gave me everything I wanted and needed and I didn't appreciate any of it too busy focusing on creating something for myself instead of being one of those spoilt, rich kids that flaunted everything they had and enjoyed every bit of it. I just wanted to be different. Work for what I had. Be like a normal person who had to work not by choice but to survive. I should have stayed home with her, she had wanted me to stay home. Maybe then I wouldn't be in the presence of a vampire who seemed to be enthralled by me and the way he looked at me with such adoration was beyond uncomfortable. He probably thinks after everything, time will pass and I'll get fucking Stockholm syndrome and fall in love with him! But I can assure him that, that wasn't happening in his best dreams.

"I can't. Now stop whining, you already made me hit you. I never intended to ever hurt you but you push me! Stop it and just adapt to everything. It'll be easier for you."

Raising my lids to the man that just spoke I wanted to cut off each of his limbs with a dull blade as I relished in his screams. Yes, I'm psycho when it comes to brutality. The entire Saw, movie collection lies in my bedroom and is my favourite past time.

The thoughts in my head must have registered with my glare and he rose a brow. Regret, adoration and whatever else was in those black holes in his head long gone replaced with something cold. I wasn't surprised.

"That glare does me nothing and soon you wont dare do such a thing but I'll give you today princess. Enjoy the luxury of having my controlled temper, I'm known to be very difficult and I don't want that to be the case with us." Taking a deep breath and passing a hand through his short dark hair his eyes softened a bit and a smile tugged at his lips. "I've waited so long to finally be with you again. Since that night, thoughts about the little dark haired girl that was brave enough to call me a liar," he chuckled a bit, "and tell me I looked lonely never left my mind. I couldn't help but follow you around and make sure nothing ever harmed you in any way possible." His eyes drifted away as if he felt ashame for stalking a kid and I felt happy that he understood how he sounded like a complete paedophile. He was.

"On your tenth birthday your mother threw you a party, I could see you hated being pampered and you left the crowd and went in the backyard by the swing and sat there by yourself while everyone enjoyed your day. It was night and I found it interesting that you weren't afraid of how dark outside was but you didn't care, even as you were freezing you were determined to not join the party that you hated so much. I liked that about you, so determined and you had so much pride. Too much pride actually." His eyes flickered to mine and maybe he was trying to have a moment with me or something but I didn't feel the spark, I only felt completely violated and disturbed that this man had been hovering over me my entire life.

Looking him straight in the eye, swallowing thoughts about how I missed my mother and home. I straightened up, cleared my throat, felt my emotional crying shit disappear and stood with my head up and emotionally dead. Not caring about if he hit me again.

"Go fuck yourself you sick pervert. How charming of you to basically watch a child grow up and then kidnap her and force her to be with you against her will! You talk about my determination, I'll show you how determined I could be when I get the hell out of here and as far away from you as possible." Where the guts to tell him that came from had to been based on anger but I didn't care. I wanted out and now and I was getting my point across. I could see how his eyes darkened and his mouth was forming a snarl slowly as if he was fighting the urge to lash out but I liked the fact that I controlled him now. He wouldn't hit me again because he almost broke down in tears when he saw how I got after he slapped me. Maybe it was just for today but for the time that it lasted I was going to use it to my advantage.

"Watch it." He warned and I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. I began making my way over to him and even though I was truly terrified of the chance that he'd let himself go and he'd truly hit me again, I kept walking.

When I was a few inches away from him standing tall but not tall enough compared to him I raised my head and looked up at his eyes that practically steamed with anger that he tried to conceal.

"Hit me. If you have problem with what I said, slap me again. It'll just make me hate you even more." And with that I literally saw his eyes lighten and his snarl dropped. I didn't stay to linger on the way his moods changed very quickly and I slid past him and made my way back up the stairs and as I was about to enter the bedroom I had been in before because I had no where else to go and I wanted to be away from him, I heard his voice from down below me.

"We will finish this later, I have something important to do but once I'm done, this conversation isn't over." He ground out and I didn't even bother to pay him a response, instead I went into the room,closed the door and twisted the lock hoping the thing could protect me from him ever coming near me again but sad as it was, I had a feeling this lock alone wasn't going to work.

*******

Xoxo
Random...