Rat Room

" Get up!"

I groaned and opened my left eye. Her face was right above mine. I squealed and jumped up causing our foreheads to smash together.

" Oh what was that for?" She said and rubbed the already forming red mark on her head.

I scoffed. " What was that for. Haven't you ever heard of personal space." I crossed my arms over my chest and stared her down.

She held her arms up and started backing away. " Sorry. That's how I wake up the other girls. None of them get up unless I tell them Sir Joseph is around or scare them." She shrugged her shoulders.

" Yea it's alright." I mumbled and threw the blanket to the side. I rubbed my still tired eyes in hopes of making the job of keeping them open easier. Unfortunately for me it only made it worse. The girl had left by now and shut the door behind her. I stood and wobbled slowly into the little bathroom. " Dear lord." I said when I saw my reflection. I leaned over the sink and turned on the cold water. I splashed my face with the freezing water.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well look who decided to show up." Mandy said from the dining room table. She glared at me from her seat from the time I entered the room to the time I took a seat.

" Who crapped in your breakfast?" I said. I smiled when I saw that the food on the table was what I had requested the night before. Then quickly frowned when I remembered what happened after that bet was made. I shook my head, I needed to not think about that ever again.

" Your lucky Sir Joseph is late too. You would've been punished." The girl to the right of Mandy said haughtily. She was smirking at me. The nerve of these people.

Normally I wasn't one for confrontation, especially in front of a crowd like I was now, but these douche bags deserved it. " Well then I guess its a good thing that he isn't here." I gritted my teeth to stop myself from saying more than I should. Looking around all eyes were on me. Even the men in the room. I shifted around in my seat.

" Well guess what bitch I'm going to tell him so it won't really matter anyway." Mandy said with a satisfied smirk.

I glared at her." What's your problem Mandy what did I do to you."

" Oh please don't act innocent. You stole him from me last night, and then you made out with him in the kitchen. What a whore. Your first day and your already sleeping with him." she said angrily and stood up in her seat.

" Oh please your calling me the whore! I didn't sleep with him last night. What were you planning on doing. Because from what I saw you were planning on doing a lot more than have a nice conversation." By now I was on my feet as well. Everyone else in the room was listening intently, I'm sure they were thinking this would end in a cat fight. The men at least.

" You know what you-"

" What is going on in here." A calm voice said from behind me. I turned and there he was. Joseph Copland, in his black suit and matching tie.

" She was attacking me! She said you were hers and that she would hurt me if I got in her way." Mandy said and started letting out fake tears.

My face scrunched together in anger. I turned back towards her. " You wanna go? I will pummel you into the ground. Outside right now!" I started towards her.

" You will not touch her." He said in a calm voice.

" Like Hell I Wont! That lying bitch deserves it." I yelled. I'm pretty sure I heard a few gasps. Apparently people didn't normally say things like that in front of Jo. He gripped my arm and forcefully stopped me from moving forward toward that stupid red head.