Lukas

The human released a long sigh and removed the blade from your throat. You let out a relived breath and composed your self once more.

Then the human emitted a soft melodic tune, a whistle.

A mischievous little wood nymph peeled off the bark of a near by tree. His miniature impish features were contorted in a devilish grin, only a nymph could muster. He bounded over the quilt of leaves blanketing the ground and vaulted onto the humans shoulder with an impressive leap.

The human wasn't fazed at all by this encounter and, in fact, faced the elf and spoke like it was any other conversation.

"You told me there weren't any humans in this forest."

He must think I'm a human! I have to make sure he doesn't discover the truth.

The nymph leaned towards him and twittered unintelligible whispers in his ear. The humans eyes shifted in thought, eventually landing upon you. You tensed up, causing your spine to become rigid. He studied you for a few more drawn out seconds.

"Yes, I know I'm human." He replied, with a hint of annoyance in that, seemingly, monotone voice.

The nymph shrugged his shoulders carelessly. It did its best to appear sincere, but with the devilish grin still painted on his wooden features, the attempt was in vain. The nimble imp hopped off the human's shoulders and rejoined his arboreal home once more.

You had the urge to speak, but the human obviously wasn't in a good mood. You picked your next words wisely and carefully.

"Nymphs are pesky. Trolls are much nicer...despite the smell."

The man turned and eyed you with a furrowed brow.

Oh, no! I made the human angry! Please don't eat me!!!

The most strangest thing happened. His stormy air dissipated, revealing a small sliver of a smile on his face. Then, even the bright smile faded. It was replaced by his frequent look of apathy. He turned to you and asked a question.

"Who are you?"

You debated whether or not to tell him your name.

"(F/n), (l/n)."

"(Y/n). I like it."

Your only response was a rosy blush and a barely audible "thank you". You hadn't really imagined he would complement you.

"What's your name?" You asked.

"Lukas Bondevik..."

"Nice to meet you, Lukas."

You weren't given a verbal response, but instead a swift nod.

"I suppose I should take you home now... Where is your house?" He inquired.

"House?"

"Yes, the building you live in?"

"I don't believe I have one."

Lukas searched your eyes for honesty. Almost everyone had somewhere to call home in this day and age.

"That won't do..."

Without another word, he grasped your hand, sending shivers all over your body. You dared not to utter another word in fear that he would obliterate you.

You stumbled after him, barely able to comply to his hasty pace. Your feet dashed over the rugged forest floor, with as much grace as possible in that situation. Despite your dainty foot work, your bare feet snagged an excavated burrow in the earth.