Chapter 7.

Lilith's POV-
It's been 2 1/2 freakin' weeks, since we last heard word about our moms. And still. Nothing. I am scared and I am scarred for life, definitely. I need my mom. Besides, who will walk Cole and Leo down the isle, at their weddings if she doesn't live?! Me?! I don't fit a mother figure for 6 people.

Tomorrow I go back to the doctors office, for a check up. They should tell me if I can get off crutches or not, tomorrow. Hopefully I can, because I have been good at staying off of my foot. It's like bed rest, without the actual bed.

After school, I crawl up to my room, and lock the door. I want some privacy for the phone call I'm about to make to NASA at Cape Canaveral. But first, I call that nice old lady from NASA that I met, the day of the shuttle launch.

"Hi, Miss Debora. It's me, Lilith James. The daughter of Katie James, my mom, who is one of the 4 astronauts in space. Have you heard any word on what's going on and how they are doing up there?" I say shakily into the phone. "Oh sweetie, this isn't over the phone news. Can you meet me the McDonald's in 10 minutes?" She replies back. I kind of have a little bit of tears in my eyes. "Sure," I say.

I ask Erica to drive me there, and tell her to go shop around and that I'll tell her when I'm done.
I jump myself inside McDonald's, and see Debora sitting at a round booth. I go sit across from her.
She huts reaches across the table and takes my hand. "I'm so sorry, Lilith. They- they died in an explosion two days ago. The fire reached the fuel tank, and the other engines as well. I'm so, so, so sorry sweetie. Is there anything you need?" By this point I have tears streaming down my face, and I stutter out, " a h-hug," and she just hugs me so hard and, I hug back hard too. " Can you help me tell the others?" I say. She nods yes. I say quietly, "I'll be right back, I'm going to the restroom," I go to the sink and splash my face with cool water so it doesn't look like I've been crying. I say goodbye and we plan to meet for dinner tonight at 8. I see Erica in the handicapped parking, and I go out and get in the car.
Once I get home, I call my grandparents. Sure they live so long away, but I'm still calling them. With news like this they need to fly down here and plan their funerals, and plan out who is in charge of who, and college funds and, oh my gosh this is killing my head!
I tell Erica that grandpa and grandma will be arriving tonight at 11. So we need to pick them up from the airport. She asks why, and I say " In a time like these, there is never a time for family." Of course you know we don't have enough space in the car for 9 people... good thing we have 2 cars! Man, cars make me miss my mom. Mommy. Momma. Momma bear. Oh mom, why?!

Well, hope you enjoyed this. I know I new joyed writing it ;-)
Keep reading fellow readers :-)