Chapter Thirty-One: Silence, Part 2

{ NO MUSIC SELECTION FOR THIS CHAPTER }

You don't even look twice. You're out of that studio and running through the parking lot in hysterics. The worst part is...no one comes after you. No one even notices you.

Once you get through the gates, you dial an Uber. The security guard watches you curiously as you stand on the sidewalk, crying your eyes out. When the Uber arrives, you choke out your old address with Roza, hoping that she's there.

Thankfully, you see her car in the driveway. You stumble out of the Uber and bang on her door. When she opens it, her face immediately goes from shock to concern, and she drags you inside, asking a million questions. You explain everything to her in a sniffly, snotty mess, all the while ignoring your phone buzzing over and over.

She takes your buzzing phone and turns it off, not even telling you who it is that's calling. You talk to her for hours and hours, eventually falling asleep in her bed with her. She always manages to make you feel better, even at your worst time.

In the middle of the night, you wake up with a painfully dry throat. You find your way up and out to the kitchen, chugging down five cups of water. You don't bother to turn on your phone either, which sits on the living room table still.

A rustle outside the door makes you stop in your tracks. The clock reads 2:12AM...it was probably just a creature of some sort. You try to shrug it off...but you hear footsteps. Footsteps that definitely aren't some kind of animal.

Slowly, you creep in the shadows to the window, but see nothing. When you hear the footsteps again, you do the one thing you shouldn't - you yank open the front door.

And there sits Matthew on the front step, tapping his feet, with his head buried in his hands. As soon as he hears the door open, he spins around and stands up.

"Y/N," he whispers, and you see the tears streaked down his face. "Please don't shut the door, please - "

You start to shut the door, but he jams his foot in it.

"Please," he whispers shakily. "Let me talk to you."

From behind the door, you stare at him - through only a crack. "Speak."

"Come sit with me?" he asks sadly. "Please?"

You hesitate for a long moment, slowly opening the door and standing near him. "I'll stand, thank you."

"I know you're upset, and trust me, so am I - "

"WHY WERE YOU KISSING THAT GIRL?" you yell at him suddenly, tears welling up in your eyes.

He stares at you for a split second. "You - you didn't hear why?"

"I left," you hiss. "Apparently you didn't notice."

"I thought you were there when Eric said..."

"You know what, I don't care. Keep on kissing her. She's your love interest after all," you say bitterly, slamming the door straight in his face. You start crying then, ignoring his pleas from the other side of the door.

Roza comes out from the bedroom, looking confused. "What the hell, Y/N..."

"Matthew is out there," you whimper as she comes up to you and hugs you.

"Go to bed sweety. I'll handle this," Roza growls, walking you to the bedroom. You go and sit on the bed, listening to her opening the door. Then she starts to yell...and then you hear Matthew actually start crying. Suddenly your heart starts to hurt, and you want to get up...but something still stops you from doing so. Instead, you curl up in a ball and put a pillow over your head. The yelling subsides, and then you can't hear anything else. Another moment later, you hear soft footsteps coming into the bedroom. You assume it's Roza, but when a warm body sits down beside you and a soft hand strokes up your back, you know it's Matthew.

You don't say anything.

He leans down closer to you and whispers firmly. "Eric made us kiss. He thought it was funny. I couldn't say no to him because he's my boss, and I have to remember that kissing often comes with the role. Lyssa is a nice girl, but she's not you, Y/N. No one will ever be you, and I don't want them to be."

You shift slightly, sniffing. Matthew curls around you, pulling you back against his chest.

"I love you so much," he whispers. "You're the only one that I'll ever love like this. I'll never see anyone the way I see you. You're my angel." His hand runs through your hair softly as you try to keep your face hidden in the pillow.

"I love you so much it hurts," he whispers. "I'd never lie to you. I'm in so much pain right now because I know you're in pain. I can't stand to see you hurt..." he says with a shaky voice. "Please turn around...let me kiss you..."

You can't make yourself move, but you let him roll you over. You keep your eyes down so they don't meet his as he kisses your forehead down to your nose.

"May I?" he smiles slowly, tilting your chin up so your eyes are forced to meet his. That's when you notice how puffy his eyes are. They give away just how much he'd been crying. And that makes your heart ache.

His words creep into your head, and you know he's telling the full truth. His love for you pours out of his eyes, warming you up.

So without giving him an answer, you slam your lips to his. He doesn't hesitate at all - he smashes his lips to yours, running his hands into your hair and clinging to you.

"Oh god guys, come on," Roza's voice drifts in.

You pull back and glance over your shoulder with a small smile.

"Just don't do it in my bed, okay?" she winks, shutting the door. "I mean it."

The door shuts, and you meet Matthew's eyes again. Then you slam your lips together again. His hands reach up to cup your face, stroking your cheeks as he kisses you even harder. Through his kisses, he whispers how much he loves you, and any lingering worry or fear for that girl diminished.

You were all Matthew's. He was all yours. There was no denying that. You couldn't fake the passion that he was giving you right now. You couldn't fake a kiss with that much love. There was simply no way. He was madly in love with you, and you were madly in love with him.

"I'm prepared to give you all the makeup sex for the rest of forever to make this up to you," Matthew whispers, reaching up your shirt.

You realize you still haven't spoken to him as you meet his eyes. Though the lights are off, you see the sparkle from the moonlight reflecting against his.

"I love you, Matthew Gray Gubler," you laugh softly.

A big grin crosses his face. "I love you, Y/N...so much."

"About that make up sex..." you whisper. "Think we can break the rules a little?"

"The no sex in Roza's bed rules?" Matthew wiggles his eyebrows at you.

"Yeah, that one," you grin.

"I think it'd make it even more fun," he smirks. "No screaming allowed."

"That just means I'll try even harder to make you scream," you whisper.

"Oh just wait..." Matthew murmurs, tracing his finger along your collarbone.

You moan softly at his touch.

"I'm gonna give you the best sex of your entire life," Matthew whispers as he kisses up your now bare chest.

"I like naughty Matthew," you whisper seductively.

"Naughty is only the beginning..." he whispers lovingly.

{to be continued soon}