Burnt - a short story

Author's Note:

A new type of story that crossed my mind yesterday. I don't know what to say about this story! It's just something I'm experimenting. I know it's hard to keep up with the start and connect to it, but please give it a try!

Though I hope you like it!

Enjoy reading!

P.S. thank you ILuvFanFics for reading and responding to sane girl. I'm dedicating this story to you! Thanks a lot once again! 

Note:  I originally published it on 15.4.2013, but due to some reasons I had to remove it and re-publish it!

__________________________________________________________________________

© All Rights reserved to KerensaCel

__________________________________________________________________________

20 dead. 4 injured. 2 missing.

Because Of me!

All of this on my conscience.

I didn't do it on purpose. Who does it on purpose, kill people?

I'm no killer, murderer, terrorist!

It was just a mistake. A mistake never meant to happen.

I wanted to stop it too, before it got out of control!

I saw it engulf everyone into its long, wavy, hot form. Taking innocent, helpless people inside it and digest them. The Fire. That's what ate them all.

The Fire... which I started. Not deliberately, just a mistake!

I sometimes blame Mr. Thorn, the manager of the firm for it. He should have never sent me downstairs to look for Chad in the maintenance room.

Neither would he have sent me down there nor would I have been able to set the fire!

Neither I would have been down there to mess with the fuse box nor would have the fire started.

All I was trying to do was extinguish the sparking in the fuse box... instead I rekindled it.

For a moment down there, I thought something possessed me, making me do everything that was wrong instead of letting me do what was right!

And as I saw the fire spread... I did nothing. I just stood there watching it spread, hoping the fire alarm to go off by itself.

It did go off... just too late.

All this time I stood there, 'traumatized' as the psychiatrist put it checking me after the tragedy. But I know better, I was FROZEN.

I don't know how I got out while none other could. I don't know who pushed me out of the space in the window that saved my life when none other could get out of there.

I don't remember anything after the fire started.

Nothing... except that man.

The man I saw after I jumped out of the window.

The man that stood calmly with a wide yet cruel grin on his face when everything was going down in rubble.

The man that was laughing when everyone else was shrieking and yelling the screams of panic, horror and help.

The man that just stood and didn't do anything to get help or try to escape.

The man that just kept on looking at me with that grotesque grin that constituted some of the most petrifying nightmares I had in the two years after that event.