#12 Sick Kids (Niall)

Sooooooo, here is this, I'm not really a super huge fan of this, so hopefully the next will be better, sorry guys! 

Clare: 2

Audrey: 6 (Jack's twin)

Jack: 6 (Audrey's twin)

Y/N's POV

I awoke to the sound of my alarm clock blaring. It was five o'clock (FUN FACT ABOUT ME: I used to have a legit phobia of the word "o'clock" I am not even kidding it literally made me hate everything...anyways back to the story, happy readings!) on a casual Saturday morning.

Being a trauma nurse at our local hospital meant getting up and strange hours for work, but thankfully Niall was usually home to watch our kids. Our youngest, Clare, is two years old, followed by Jack and Audrey, our six-year-old twins.

Normally on a Saturday, we would take the kids to the park, or on a family outing, being that it was really the only time we could spend all together as a family. Unfortunately for me, they called me into work.

As I walked into the shower, I heard Niall yawn from within the bedroom, signaling that he had woken up. Even in the mornings, he never put up a fuss, one of many reasons why I love him.

"Morning babe," I heard him greet from out side of the shower curtain, "Did you sleep well?"

"For the most part," I answered peeking out to give him a quick good morning kiss, "Clare woke up a few times and was quite fussy, but I think that is just because she had a really long nap yesterday."

"Do you think she is feeling okay? She usually doesn't wake during the night," Niall asked, genuinely concerned for his baby.

"That's what I was thinking, would you be okay to let her sleep, instead of waking her up after I leave?" I asked, getting his approval, "Okay, just check her for a fever or a runny nose after breakfast."

I stepped out of the shower, Niall handing me a towel. Boy was I happy to have his cheery face light up my morning. "Okay, I'm going to go get ready," I announced, heading for the closet.

***

When I walked into the kitchen, Niall was making me breakfast and coffee. Where would I be without that man!

"Here you are," He said, handing me the goods, and walking me to the garage, "Have a wonderful day at work, I'll keep you updated on Clare!" He waved as I backed out.

I really do hope my babies are okay, Niall is an excellent father, they are in great hands, don't get me wrong, but I just can't bear the thought of any of them being sick without me. It was going to be a long day.

Niall POV

I cleaned up the kitchen so that any evidence of breakfast was non-existent. I would have made myself a cup of coffee, but given it was just shy of six in the morning, I decided I still had time to go back to sleep.

As I headed back to our room, I checked on each of the kids. Audrey had kicked off her blanket, even though the fan was going strong, and Jack was buried under a hoard of blankets.

Audrey's forehead was warm to the touch when I kissed it, but it didn't seem too hot, maybe a low fever if that. Jack's head was a normal temperature; his blankets were probably a side effect of Audrey having the fan on so high.

I approached Clare's room. She was sound asleep, having been up multiple times last night. I left quietly after checking her; to make sure she wouldn't wake.

Finally I climbed back into the warmth of my bed, and slowly but surely drifted off to sleep.

***