Chapter Five

The children were in bed asleep and the adults were gathered around the kitchen table. Misako was serving tea. Aira was drinking her coffee. Aira preferred coffee over tea. It was quite funny actually because she refused to do anything in the morning before coffee.

"So you two know each other?" Kai finally asked.

"Devron is a member of the Druid council," Wu said. "I knew him in my younger days."

"Okay, hold up," Kai said raising a hand. "This druid council thingy sounds really weird and creepy. The keepers of magic? I mean come on."

"Kai, do not be skeptical of things you don't understand!" Sensei Wu commanded.

"Here we go again," Kai said angrily. "You're keeping stuff from us again!"

"They aren't of this realm," Emily said suddenly. "At least their ancestors weren't."

"What?" Kai asked giving Emily a weird look.

"Emily?" Aira said worriedly. "Why is she looking at us like that?"

"I've only seen her do this once before," Lloyd said suddenly. "When she was trying to find you six years ago."

Amaya looked down at this and stayed silent.

Emily closed her eyes and when they opened they were a brilliant blue. Everyone stood up alarmed.

"Hold it!" Ronin said lifting his hands. "She is going into a trance. Do not disturb her! It could have dire consequences!"

"You were lost," Emily said. "You were dying. Your realm was....destroyed. You came here by permission of the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master and brought with you the secret of magic. You're under jurisdiction of the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master so you're under the command of Lloyd Garmadon the Second Ultimate Spinjitzu Master. Not even Sensei Garmadon knew this. Tell me Sensei Wu why did you keep it secret?"

Emily turned her pale blue eyes to Sensei Wu. She didn't look at him but into him. He shifted uncomfortably.

"Answer her slowly," Ronin said. He was shaking in fear. Normally Emily's trances never ended well.

"They did not wish to he known," Wu answered slowly.

"The realm crystal was created by the Druids," Emily said. "When the first spinjitzu master gave them permission to settle in the mountains they gifted it to him. He took it to his grave."

"That is true," Wu said slowly.

"A new enemy is rising," Emily said her voice suddenly becoming deep. "Pain, betrayal, and death shall come in his wake. One can save all but loose herself. One shall turn down a dark path and spend a long time coming back to the light. One shall die but leave a light behind. One shall return to earthly form. And one shall bring the Savior back to herself."

Emily's eyes turned up into her head and she screamed in pain. Ronin tried to come near but his broken leg prevented him from doing so. Her eyes came back down and were their normal color. Emily stood shakily and then collapsed onto the floor.

Aira rushed to her and put her head in her lap. Garmadon rushed to her side.

"No one in this realm should have that ability," Devron said forcefully. "Only those from the realm of the Druids have that gift. Although some call it a curse."

"Help get her upstairs," Garmadon commanded. Jay and Zane hurried to do so.

"What did she mean?" Cole asked shakily.

"She gave us a prophecy," Misako said quietly. "But about whom I don't know."

"Is it just me or is this getting down right scary?" Kai asked.

"Why didn't you tell us about this?" Cole asked Wu.

"We had a right to know!" Jay said after coming back downstairs.

"I agree," Zane said.

"We need to figure this out calmly," Skylor said.

Soon they were all talking at once and no one was paying attention to the other.

"Quiet!" Lloyd shouted. Everyone stopped talking and looked at him.

"We aren't going to solve anything with everyone arguing!" Lloyd said heatedly. "Devron, you serve the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master. Am I correct?"

"You are," he said nodding in submission.

"Then I command you to answer me this," Lloyd said forcefully. "Who was the man who attacked us? How long have you been here? And what the hell did Emily just do?"

He didn't answer at first. The silence was so heavy you could here a pin drop.

"His name is Sephtis," Devron said. "He is young for a Druid, only sixty years old."

"Sixty years old?!" Ronin asked incredulously.

"Yes, we have been here since the creation of Ninjago. We looked into the realm crystal and saw this world being created. We asked to populate this new and untainted world. He agreed. Emily is another story," Devron turned to Ronin. "How long has she been able to do that?"

"She said it started when she was a little girl," Ronin explained. "She would suddenly know what someone was thinking or have visions."

"What was her father's name?"

"She never knew her father," Ronin spat. "The scoundrel wooed her mother and got her pregnant out of wedlock. He left her alone to raise Emily. She was shamed and left penniless. She died when Emily was seventeen years old. That's when I found her and gave her job. Then the story goes on from there."

"I must look into this more," Devron said thoughtfully.

"Uncle, why didn't you tell us?" Lloyd asked.

"I didn't find it relevant until now," Wu said. "The Druids presence here was only know to my father and myself."

"You didn't even tell me?" Garmadon asked. He sounded annoyed and almost angry.

"Not you too?" Wu said heatedly. "You are well aware that some things are better left unspoken. Don't turn on me!"

"Daddy? Why is everyone being so loud?" Xavier said rubbing his eyes.

"I'm sorry we woke you," Lloyd said. "Go back to bed."

"Okay, goodnight, Daddy. I love you," Xavier said climbing back up the stairs.

"I love you too," Lloyd said. Then he turned to everyone else. "We will discuss this in the morning."

Everyone took this as a case closed, end of discussion, command. They all made their way to their separate rooms.

"Amaya, you can use the fire symbol room," Lloyd said. "Devron, if you wish the ice symbol room is yours to use."

"Thank you," Devron said bowing.

Lloyd turned and walked upstairs. Aira followed close behind. They were staying in Lloyd's old room. The children were in the room next door. They could get to the other room via the bathroom.

"Lloyd, what are you thinking?" Aira asked hugging him from behind and putting her chin on his shoulder.

"I'm not sure," Lloyd said. "I need to muse on this a little more and then I'll know."

"Sleep on it and then muse," she said kissing his cheek.

A/n- I'm pretty sure you all were not expecting this twist in the story. I love doing that xD. Tell me what you think! Vote and comment. Hope you enjoyed! -LL_17