~2~

*not edited

Emma.

We had eventually made back to the camp without anymore detours. Landing the dragons, Liza, Jolie, Derrick and Duce all retrieved their amulets.

Amulets you say?

Well they are what comes with our dragons. When you want them to disappear you call your amulet to absorb the dragon. By absorb I mean the dragon disappears, and becomes portable.

"So, where to next?" Duce asks as he and everyone join me in the main tent. I reach into my bag and pull out the scroll, Legendary Eggs, and a map. I spread out the scroll.

I dip my quill into the jar of red ink, drawing a big fat tick next to the Echo Forrest tab. I scan the next name, my hand wavering a bit.

Swales Edge.

One of the darkest, scariest cliffs in Talon.

"What's next?" Duce repeats. My eyes snap up to him and I clear my throat.

"Swales Edge." I mutter.

"What?" Lizabeth asks.

"Swales Edge!" I hiss at her. She stumbles back into Derricks arms and pales, sheet white.

"Oh, Emma..." Jolie whispers, shocked. I slam the quill down and march into my tent. Zipping the flap closing harshly. I wrap myself up in my blanket tightly, clutching the locket clicked around my neck.

"Emma?" I hear a voice, a deep voice. I sniff.

"Go away, Miles." I grumble. I hear him scuff his feet.

"Please Em?" He pleads. I roll over in the blanket. Towards the zip, undoing it. Mile climbs in and lays beside me.

"What?" I ask him. He sits up and stares at me. Just stares. "Miles?"

He keeps staring.

"Stop staring." I glare.

"I'm not, I'm observing." He replies. I snort. Observing? My hair falls into my face. Miles' eyes follow my hair. I look up at him through my lashes. Hesitantly he moves the hair from my face and tucks it behind my ear. My breath hitches when he begins to lean in.

Do I want this?

I've known him since we were little, but I've never thought of him this way. I look up and notice he was getting closer, and suddenly I begin to lean in.

Our lips crash against each other. Moving in sync. He gently licks my lip, asking for entrance. I deny. He smiles against my lips.

I suddenly freeze up. Miles pulls back frowning.

"What's wrong?" He whispers, cupping my cheek.

"I-uh. I think we're moving too fast." I mumble, pushing his hand away. Hurt flashes through his eyes but is suddenly overcome by anger.

His glare is icy as he stares at me.

"No, we're not moving fast enough!" He yells, pushing my shoulders down forcefully. I look up at him shocked.

"M-Miles?" I stutter. I begin to sit up but he pushes me down again.

"You are going to give in to me!" He shouts. Lifting my shoulders and slamming me into the ground, the air is forced out of my lungs.

"DUCE! DERRICK! JO-"

"Shut up!" He hisses, clamping his hand over my mouth.

I clamp my teeth over his hand and he screeches in pain, pulling back. The zip to my tent is ripped off harshly as Duce comes in with a torch. He sees Miles hovering above me, and looks to me questionably.