16 - Amnesia

•Dahlias POV•

I woke up about an hour ago. Last thing I remember is being under the bridge, my limbs being so cold they were numb. Maya was here, she looked exhausted, so after about 45 minutes of reassuring her I was feeling better and would be fine, I sent her away to get something to eat. She asked me an odd question though... Asked me if I knew who she was. When I told that yes I indeed knew who she was, that she is my cousin and best friend, Maya Hawthorne, she looked so relived. Luke was with her when she visited, and later Ashton and Michael came to visit. Calum hasn't come.

I look up to see the nurse walk in. "Oh, you're awake again!"

Again?

"Um... Yeah?"

"You'll probably be allowed to go home today," she smiles. "You will need to rest though!"

"Okay," I smile back.

The nurse checks a few things and leaves.

After a few minutes I hear a knock at the door. Looking up, I see Matt standing there, box of chocolates in hand, smiling at me.

"Hi," say.

"Hello. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Not cold anymore, that's good. And they stitched up my head," I point to the tiny row of stitches on my forehead. "And the best part? It's those stitches that dissolve or whatever so I won't need to come back and get them taken out!"

"That's great!" He laughs. "I was worried about you!"

"How did you find out I was here?" I question.

"Your friend Maya told me, after I spammed your phone with messages. Sorry about that, by the way."

"Don't worry about it."

"Okay," he says awkwardly. "Um..."

"I think I'll be going home today. Not home, like Australia, but you know. Not in the hospital..."

"Oh, great! That will be nice."

"Yeah," I think of Calum. Why wouldn't he come and see me?

"Um, I'm feeling tired again..." I lie.

"I'll let you rest darling. Goodbye," he smiles and takes a step back.

He does have a nice smile. When he smiles his blue-grey eyes smile too.

"Okay. Bye Matt."

I wait until he's out of the room and down the hall before I let myself feel the sadness. I start shaking, and it's hard to breathe. And then I let the tears fall. What did I do so wrong? Just a little while ago we were playing cops and robbers, him throwing me over his shoulder as I screamed every time he caught me. How do you mess something like that up so badly?

**************

"And you're good to go!" The doctor looks up from her clipboard.

"Thank you," I smile and throw my legs over the side of the bed. Luke grabs my arm and waist and helps me up.

"I'm okay," I smile at him and take a step forward.

"You sure?" Michael asks.

The two of them came to take me back to the Hotel because Maya and Ash are at a movie. And Calum... Well I don't know where he is.

Luke hands me a bag of my clothes, I asked him to bring me something clean to wear. I go into the tiny bathroom and look in the bag. A pair of black leggings and...