Chapter 13

*In this chapter and some future chapters, I have Japanese characters speaking broken English. I wanted to make sure it did not come off as racist/offensive in any way.*

Patrick woke up feeling tight and sore, and he didn't have much doubt that Pete was any different. After they had left the basement where the g.o.d. was located, the two had to walk the couple of miles home. It was stupid of them to forget to ask the cab to stay or come back later.

Pete was surprisingly still asleep, so Patrick took advantage of the time to get himself dressed and down to breakfast. It was the first time he was truly alone in the past few days and there wasn't a better feeling in the world.

Patrick took that time to think everything from the last few days over. It had all changed so quickly, going from an always-at-home depressed alcoholic to a not-at-home depressed alcoholic without any alcohol. Oh yeah, and Pete. Pete was the worst part.

Patrick still hated him of course, but he just couldn't shake that little feeling in his stomach he would sometimes get when he looks at him.

Breakfast was over before he knew it and Patrick snagged an orange and a muffin for his, partner? Ex-partner? He didn't really give a shit as long as he could get away from Pete once the mission was over.

Patrick slid his key card in the slot and opened the hotel door when the little light turned green. He went to set the food down on the other's nightstand when Pete emerged from behind the little closet wall in only his boxers.

"I thought you went down to breakfast," he said casually before averting his attention back to his suitcase. Patrick was still frozen in place, trying to keep his eyes from drifting downwards. That feeling in his stomach was back.

"Uhh, yeah. ...Yeah I did."

He finally dropped the food on the nightstand like originally planned and carefully slid to his side of the bed. Patrick pulled out his phone and looked up the location of the Osaka Police Department.

They had to get some help with busting the g.o.d., especially because both Pete and Patrick only had minimal protection, which consisted of bulletproof vests and hand guns. ...Which was provided by Pete somehow. Patrick still hasn't figured how he managed that yet.

According to his phone screen, the police station wasn't too far, and could even be considered walking distance. They could hopefully convince the policeman there to help them out, especially since they couldn't mention previously being a part of the CIA. It would be a tough task, but still manageable.

After a good half hour of watching junk tv to keep himself distracted, Patrick finally suggested they start the journey to the police station. Pete agreed, and with one last look in the mirror, he was walking out the door alongside of Patrick.

It was obviously silent between them once more and Patrick didn't even ask about what the plan was until they were at least halfway there.

"Well I was thinking we just go in there and tell them what we know and hope they'll be on our side."

Patrick couldn't believe his ears.

"Are you serious? That was your plan?" Pete scoffed.

"do you have to get on my case about everything? If you don't like the way I do things then just don't ask what I think anymore. We'll do everything the way you want. I'm just here to protect you-" Pete tried to stop himself at the end of the sentence but the words had already come out. Patrick stopped and glared at him.

"Protect me? What the fuck are you trying to say? That I can't handle myself?" Pete tried to quickly recover.

"I didn't mean it like that-"