Chapter 17

"What about our memories?" She looked out into the woods than back at me.

"She told us if she couldn't have Damon no one will. She decided to make him suffer and make you suffer. Damon came over to visit you one day. She poison him and had a witch she knew come over and cast the spell on him and you. Needless to say that's when Damon lost his humanity. Not when he turned. But when he lost his memories of the only girl who had Damon's heart. The witch who cast the spell I don't know. She also cast a contact spell, to erase everyone's memory that came into contact with you. It doesn't work on witches. So I remember everything. But I will tell you this. After that night your mother did try with you. I helped along the way but it was just not in her. Some women aren't born with motherly instinct in them. And to your burning question. She is still alive to this day. She faked her death to be a vampire. She's been looking for Damon waiting to sink her claws into him."

"But Damon said he loved my mom."

"You can love someone without truly loving them. And he may have or the witch put it in him. I'm not sure." I processed all the information. This woman has basically known me my whole life. She helped my dad with me. And took over when I was with my mom.

"Where is she?"

"That's the thing no one knows. She's never in the same place long. She's what you would call a drifter." She answered. Klaus spoke up this time. I almost forgot he was here.

"Thank you Abigale but we must be off." He stood up and grabbed my hand. I stopped and turned to her.

"How can I get my memories back?"

"The witch that cast the spell can lift the spell that big." I but my lip nervously. I walked over and hugged her. Telling her thank you for eveything then and now.

We got on the bike and rode off. I wrapped my arms arpund Klaus's waist and laid my head on his back. I couldn't help but think about all she had said. My mother wasn't who I thought she was. Damon was there for me the first year of my life. Wait a minute Katherine held me? And I called her mama? Hmm well according to everyone she did have a baby before she was turned. We was home before I knew it. It was getting dark so I'm sure Klaus sped just a little bit. After we parked by the house he got off. He snatched me up in his arms and held me. I needed this hug. I wanted to cry. I wanted to scream and hurt something or someone. But I was gonna hold in all my anger till I see her again. I know I will and when I do I'm gonna smile. Because then I will have realized, yes she apparently she wasn't a good mother but she did a couple things right. One being she had me with Damon so I got a kick-ass father and two being she left me and which I found my true love. So I'm gonna smile and thank her. I smiled against his chest. He leaned down and kissed my head. He let go and grabbed my hand taking us inside. He led us upstairs to his room. I shut the door and locked it. I took my jacket off and laid it on a chair. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"What is it?" He asked softly.

"I want a distraction. I just want you to take my mind off of all of this. I want it to be just us." I begged with my eyes. He held a small smile. He rested his forehead against mine.

"If I could I would give you the world."

"I'm fine with just you." I lightly pressed my lips against his. He placed a hand on my lower back and pressed me against him. The other hand on the back of my neck and held me in place. He kissed me harder. His kisses turned to passion against hunger. I ran my hands under his shirt feeling his stomach and chest. I grabbed his shirt and pulled it over his head and throwing it across the room. I took a moment to study him and gloriousness. He moved his hands to waist and I automatically jumped on him. I wrapped my legs around his waist. Our kisses turned hot and heavy. I needed this. We needed this. I let go of him and took my shirt off. Tossing somewhere. He walked us over to his bed. He gently laid me down and hovered above me. I noticed one of the necklaces he was wearing was a leather one. I grabbed it studying it. I made it for him one day. One of our many days we spent together. He still had it after all this time. He still wore it. I looked him in the eyes. This man above me really did love me. I don't know why he does. I don't care either. Right now it's the only thing I know that is concrete. No matter what he's never stopped.

"You really do love me." I was ore of a statement I said out loud to myself. I placed my hand on his cheek. I leaned up and kissed him. I put love into the kiss. He kissed me back the same way. I wrapped my legs around him and my arms around his back pressing him closer to me. I deepen the kiss. He left my mouth and kissed my cheek making his way to my ear.

"Are you sure?" He whispered as he was kissing my jawline. I pulled him up to look at him.

"When I first saw you at the square during the parade I knew it was you. Even now I know it's you. I know I'm gonna spend the rest of my life with you. I been in love with you since I was sixteen. Klaus it's you. I never moved on from you. I couldn't. I love you. So yes I am sure." I bit my lip in fear of rejection. He just smiled and leaned down to kiss me. We picked up where we left off.