Chapter VI (Revised)

Claire POV

After announcing dinner, Sebastian turns to leave but Ciel promptly stops him. "Sebastian, stay. I'm sure that Claire will have questions for both of us after she hears what I have to say."

"Ciel?"

"Yes, Claire?"

"Ciel, I have to tell you something. I know that you will probably think I'm insane, but here I go. Do you remember when I fainted after the attack?"

"Yes."

"Well when I fainted, I saw a beautiful angel. My, was she lovely, but then I saw her hands. Oh, Ciel, they were covered with blood- my parents blood. She kept screaming, "Child! Cast aside thy hatred and be purified! Or I shalt snuff thee out!"

"Hmm..." Ciel and Sebastian said simultaneously.

"Ciel do you think I'm insane?!"

"No, Claire I don't. Because Sebastian is a demon."

"What?!"

"Oh, come now, Young Mistress. You have already met one of the supernatural. It seems that you have had a run in with Angela."

I choose to ignore Sebastian, "Ciel, if you have a Faustian contract, you must have a goal. What is it?"

"To destroy, humiliate, and torment those who did the same to me."

"Ciel?"

"Yes?"

"Does the eyepatch serve to cover the mark of the covenant you made with Sebastian?"

"Yes."

"Will our children also carry the mark?"

"No," Sebastian answers this one, "Only the one whom I have formed a contract wears the seal."

"N-Now just wait a second!"
Ciel is sweating profusely. "Wh-Who said anything about children?!"

I shake my head. "Ciel, as your future wife and as a noble woman, it will be my duty bear your children. Specifically to bear you a male heir to be next the Earl Phantomhive."

"Oh, um- what are your other duties?"

"Things like philanthropy, planning and hosting events, helping Sebastian run the household, et cetera."

Ciel and I discuss the management of the house over dessert.

~ Le Time Skip ~ brought to you by Finny breaking Ciel's walking stick!

After dessert, I go to my suite. Met-Rin silently helps me into my linen night gown. I fall asleep, underneath the royal blue quilt that Ciel's late mother made. As I slumber, I dream of him.