Chapter 8

Peppers eyes widened. She pulled Natasha back away from Steve. He stood and walked toward them. "Don't you dare move. You killed her."

"Pepper, please let me explain myself. It was an accident I swear." Her eyes widened even more.

"That makes you the husband." She pointed a shaky finger at him.

"Pepper, it's fine. Calm down. I love him." Natasha moved away from her and walked to Steve.

"This is all fake. You aren't here. Ghosts aren't real."

"Don't say that!" Natasha snapped. "Every time someone says that, a ghost disappears. Kinda like that film about the fairies that die except this is real life." Steve nodded and wrapped an arm around her.

"Your a murderer Steve. You killed your wife. How have you forgiven him?!" Pepper was too angry and her answer.

"Pepper please calm down."

"No! He killed you and if he felt guilty he would have turned himself in by now."

"Don't you think he tried. I've been stopping him all week. I got him to get you here cause your the one who would mostly understand."

"Who know?" Natasha looked at her surprise. "From the look on Stevens face, I can see that someone else knows. Or did he kill them as well." Natasha got angry and Steve attempted to remove himself from the situation but couldn't from her strong grip.

"Pepper! How could you?! He didn't mean it! And the only other person who knows was agent Simmons on Coulson team and they left! Now get out!" Pepper was stunned.

"You trusted that British slut and not me!"

"She worked it out. Now leave!" Steve stood awkwardly behind Natasha and Pepper huffed and stormed out.

"That could've gone better." Natasha turned around in his arms with tears in her eyes.

"Why didn't you stick up for yourself? I had to lie about stopping you from going to the police, Steve. Do you even care? Is there even any guilt inside you?" Tears started to fall down her cheek.

"Of course I do. Natasha, I wanted to spend as much time as I could with you and not in some cell." She removed herself from his arms.

"This isn't the man I fell for." She disappeared and left Steve alone with tears.