Devon Stewart

Note: I am completely for anything having to do with LGBT. Love is love, and people need to realize that. Please don't take any of the insults in this chapter seriously.

"Kissed any girls today?!" I respond to Narrow-Minded Naomi with a middle finger in the air. Closing my locker door with a bang, Annabeth walks up to me. She is the only person in this school that supports gays. At a first glance, she looks like a typical California girl, but when you look at her eyes, you are met with stormy grey and calculating orbs.
I may have a teensy-weensy crush on her, but I'm pretty sure I can handle it. I refuse to ruin my only friendship because I got too attached.
"Ready for AP Algebra?" Annabeth walks alongside me as we head towards the door.
"No!" I groan. "Mr. Japig is a dick!"
"Meh," Annabeth shrugs nonchalantly.
We lug our heavy books in silence for a minute or so, until Annabeth beams at me, "I want you to meet someone after school!"
"Who?" I look at her questioningly.
"My boyfriend."
'I knew she was straight,' My mind reeled.
"She says, acting as if it wasn't the biggest thing in the world!" I sass, sarcasm laced in every word. "Why didn't you tell me?"
"It never came up."
"Whatever, let's get to class."
-----------------------------------------------------
I lounge in the comfiest mini-sofa Starbucks owns, sipping my frappucino.
I have been here for ten minutes, waiting for Annabeth and her Mystery Boyfriend to arrive.
I get lost in my thoughts until I hear the tinkling of a bell, indicating someone had walked into the coffee shop.
I look up, seeing a perfect as always Annabeth and a tall 17 year old guy with black hair and churning sea green eyes. He had defined muscles that were slightly noticeable, like a swimmer's.
I stand up to greet him, my had outstretched, "Hi, I'm Devon. I sadly have not heard a lot about you."
He chuckles, "I'm Percy."
Through all of this, Annabeth is off to my right, standing in between us like a beaming referee.
I gesture for them to sit down, and soon we are immersed in talking about embarrassing moments Percy had experienced and laughing at him. He pouts the entire time, looking like a drunk fish.
I soon realize that I don't even like Annabeth. I think I was just happy that someone appreciates me. You know, she makes me feel wanted.
Plus, Percabeth is too good of a couple to break up.
The duo soon depart, leaving me with coffee and loneliness.
I finish my S'mores frappucino  and throw it in the nearby trash. Or at least try too.
The empty plastic is picked up by a beautiful girl with lavender hair and bright blue eyes.
She walks over to me, "I believe this is yours."
I smile at her, "I'm Devon," I say.
"Maria."