Chapter 9 "How am I supposed to be everything they expect me to be?"

Title credit and video: Memphis May Fire ft. Kellin Quinn - Miles Away

************************************

Chapter 9 "How am I supposed to be everything they expect me to be?"

We were still at Cameron's parents house and were eating. Mac refused to touch his meat though.

"Mac please eat your meat." I said eating myself. He shook his head defiantly.

"Mac David Sykes, we have a deal about eating meat!" He shook his head again.

"But you don't eat meat."

"Yes but I'm already grown up, do you want to be as tall as daddy?" He hesitated before nodding.

"Then eat your meat, our deal is twice a week." I warned him and he hesitated and then started eating.

"Will I also be as tall as daddy when I eat that meat?" Marvella asked. I nodded and Cam chuckled. Both ate their meat and I was satisfied with my parenting.

"Why are they refusing to eat meat?" Emma asked.

"I'm a vegetarian, my brother a vegan and his fiancé too, they copy it from us I guess. I want them to eat meat at least once a week and I sometimes even buy veggie meat, but I guess they will stop it completely someday."

"That's not healthy though." Rona said.

"Oh if you do it right it can be really healthy, but some people don't."

"Well everyone as they like." Emma said and I nodded.

"I told Cay before, as long as they're healthy I don't care what they eat." Cam said and smiled down at the twins.

"How did you two meet by the way?" Mr. Liddell asked Cam and I suddenly. I started choking on my food and Cam actually had to pat me on the back to get me calm again.

"Are you okay sweetheart?" Rona asked and I just quickly nodded.

"We met at a party. As I remember, Cay wasn't living here for long then but we hit it off pretty well." Cam said and I couldn't help but blush. Our first meeting was definitely not a story I would like to tell his parents, mine or my grandkids someday. Cameron wrapped it up nicely though. I guess they could sense that we didn't really wanted to tell the real, whole story so they left it.

"Do you have a boyfriend Cadence?" Emma asked.

"Eh no I don't. I've had dates but nothing worked out."

"Aw that's kind of sad."

"Nah I just haven't found the right guy yet. Though my brother is trying to hook me up, which is really annoying." I said. We finished eating while talking about unimportant stuff. The twins were the first ones to finish.

"Mommy, daddy can we go play?" Marvella asked.

"Yes you can, your toys are over there." Cam said and pointed towards the spot where I put their toys.

"But don't touch the grill. You will burn yourself!" I called after them. They went to their toys and played with them.

"How did you find out about the twins Cameron?" Rona asked her son.

"I found out at the little grill get together Cay had a few weeks ago, she invited Of Mice & Men, her brother's band and us because we were on tour with Of Mice & Men."

"To be fair, Oli invited you all. I had nothing to do with it." I interrupted Cameron.

"Well anyways I saw the twins there, then saw Cadence and remembered her and it all just clicked."