Chapter 21

~Katlyn'a P.O.V~

Okay, so right now I was in the middle of looking for some spare clothes in my closet. A majority of my clothes don't fit me no more, so I had to go out shopping today just to buy some that did.

It was about 3:00 pm. My dad was supposed to be picking me and Anne up in about an hour.

Sadly, my father is coming with us. He insisted. And by 'insisted', I mean basically forced his way into our trip. Just great. Note the sarcasm.

As I was looking through my closet I decided to check the back. The clothes I didn't wear often because they were too big or too tight I kept in the back.

I went to the back of my closet, searching through the racks of clothes, when I came across a beautiful Purple guitar

This isn't my guitar. Where the hell did it come from.

There was a note attached to its neck.

"Hi Kat. I hope you get this, if not it was a waste of time. I got you this guitar and wrote this note to say i'm am truly sorry. I didn't mean anything I said. I'm not done with you. I was just pissed off so my anger gut the best of me and that came out. I don't want to lose you as a friend. You're one of my best friends ever, and I want you in my life. More like need you in my life. I heard you play guitar and love the colour purple so... TAH-DAH! Hope you enjoy it. Love Zayn."I read out. This must be one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me.

But I felt my heart sink at the part where it said 'you're my best friend'. That's probably all he thinks of me. Nothing more than his best friend.

I decided to call him up to thank him for this beautiful thing. I'm gonna call it 'T-BO' Which stands for 'The Beautiful One' (lmao I just realized that its the name of that dude from iCary :P)

I pulled out my phone and searched through my contact list for his number. I finally got to his- should started from the bottom.

I called it and after a couple rings it went to stupid voicemail. They were probably busy. "Hey. This is Zayn. Leave a message and I'll get back to you" it said on the machine.

"Uh.,. Hey Zayn. It's Kat. Call me when you can" I said and hung up.

~Zayn' P.O.V~

We were almost done with our concert when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Who could be calling at a time like this.

As soon as the concert was over I said goodnight to the crowd, headed backstage and pulled out my phone.

I checked my missed calls and saw that it was from Kat! She's finally ready to talk to me! Great cause I haven't talked to her in a while, and I really miss it. I miss her. I miss us... Being friends of course!

I hoped that she left a voicemail and went to my inbox.

"Uh.,. Hey Zayn. It's Kat. Call me when you can" she said into the machine. I smiled knowing that she was ready to talk.

Should I call her back now, or wait. I son't want to call her right away and seem to desperate. But I don't want to wait and miss my chances with her.

These divisions are to hard. I pushed all my thoughts that were arguing inside my head aside and chose to call her right now.

I dialled her number, having memorized it by heart, and waited for her to answer.

After about 2 rings she answered. "Hello?" He said. She probably didn't check the caller ID.

"Hey Kat. So you ready to talk again?" I asked hopfully.

"Oh my god Zayn! Oh yes. So you got my message. I want to say thanks for T-BO. That's what I named the guitar. And the note you left was really sweet." She said.