Chapter 1

"Alyssa! Get up here. Now!" Ms. Crumplebottom yells at me. I jump up awake but then sigh.

I then just lay back down groaning as my back hurt from the punishment I got yesterday.

Sadly, before I could stop myself, I fell back asleep.

I wake up in a gasp as I was dragged out of the bed and thrown onto the floor.

"You pathetic piece of shit!" She yells at me then kicks my stomach. I groan and put my hands over my stomach.

She roughly grabs my hair and pulls me up to my feet like that. I whimper and try to get her to stop.

She slaps me a couple times then hits back right where it hurts causing me to wince.

"Ahh. I'm sorry!" I yell as I toss and turn wanting to get out of her arms. She then smacks my arm with a belt and I fall to the floor.

She continues to hit me with the belt and I just cover myself

I squirm putting my clothes on quickly rushing out of my room in the basement and up into the living area.

Right when I get up there, I am knocked to the floor. I grunt and grab my right cheek then look up at her.

"Breakfast is supposed to be ready by 8 am! But you are too busy being the little brat you are and playing around. Go make breakfast then fix yourself. We have important guests coming over." She says then walks away almost stepping on my hand.

I grunt and sit up then feel my cheek. I shake my head slightly hoping the pain will subside and fix breakfast for everyone. I make extra for me but stash it somewhere.

If she found out she would serve me on a silver platter.

I move my dark brown hair out of my face and finish making it then hit the bell calling everyone to come to eat. I grab my food and quickly go to my room.

I eat the food quickly as I hadn't eaten anything in about 4 days. I rush quietly to clean myself up.

I grab some peroxide I stole and grab my towel. I lightly dab it on my cheek wincing as I hear the doorbell ring.

Footsteps are heard over my room and light talking is heard. After a couple minutes Ms. CrumpleBottom comes on the loudspeaker. "All girls ages 13 to 15 please come to the living room at this time."

I sigh and get up from my bed. I walk up to the living room shutting the door behind me that leads to the basement.

I stand at the end of the line. After a couple of minutes, five guys walk into the room and a few girls scream.

Alrighty then. "Girls, this is Louis, Liam, Zayn, Niall, and Harry. They are looking to adopt one girl. Please be on your best behavior." Ms. CrumpleBottom says before she leaves the room.

The five guys just stare at us. I avert my attention to the ground wanting this to be over so I can go back to my room.

The room was suddenly filled with laughter and talking as I played with my fingers thinking to myself.

After a couple of minutes, someone cleared their throat. I look up to see all five of them looking at me.

One of them was crouched down on the floor in front of me. A little too close

"What's your name sweetie?" He asks smiling staring at me.

I step back slightly rubbing my arms feeling intimidated by all of them. "Alyssa," I mumble.

He nods a little. "So what do you like to do for fun?" The one with the black hair asks.

I gulp nervously and just shrug taking another step back. "So have you picked someone?" Ms. CrumpleBottom says walking back into the room.

"I think so." The one in front of me says smiling before he stands up. The rest of them look at him confused.

They give me a small smile before walking away.

As soon as they walk away from me, the four other girls in the age range walk over to me.

"You really think they will choose you? How pathetic" A girl named Maddie says laughing a little.

The other three girls agree. I don't say anything as they keep talking about how pathetic and weak I am.

Which was true. I was too skinny which wasn't exactly my fault as I don't get fed as much as the others do.

"I mean you really think One Direction would go for someone like you? They would do what every other person who adopted you did. Bring you back here to rot." Maddie says then pushes me back.

I stumble slightly. "Alyssa, go pa-" A voice starts but stops. "What's going on in here?" Another voice says.

I fix my wrinkled shirt that was pulled up. "Alyssa go pack your bags you're getting adopted." The first voice finishes.

My head pops up in confusion and fear. The girls gasp then stomp away angrily.

I stare at them still then shake my head no backing up. I run to my room in the basement closing the door.

I can't be getting adopted. Not again. Not ever again.

Suddenly a knock comes on the door. "Alyssa? Don't you want to be adopted?" They ask.

Not again. Not now. Never.

"Can we please come in." A soft voice says.

I don't say anything and just sit on my bed pulling my knees to my chest.

"I told you this girl was a handful." Ms. Crumplebottom says and I hear her keys jingling.

"You are going to get up and pack your bags! The papers are signed." She yells walking into my room.

I don't move from my position on my bed and she grabs my arm throwing me off.

Before she could do something else, one of the boys grab both of her hands.

"That is enough." Another says angrily. I whimper and back up.

One of the quiet ones come up to me and bend down smiling lightly. "Hey, it's okay. We are not gonna hurt you. We want to give you a good, spectacular life." He says gently smiling a little at me.

I stare at him for a moment then lifted my head looking at the other boys who smile at me.

I just nod and get up slowly before I grab my suitcase from under my bed and put my small amount of clothes inside. I grab my toothbrush and such putting it in the suitcase as well.

I zip it up then look to them. One of the grabs my suitcase and I see him frown but he changes his face.

I follow behind them to their car. Here I go again.