Chapter 16 - Bubbles

*****Cooper's Point of View*****

I walked slowly into the house behind Rhett and Link. I was a little nervous meeting their families. I mean, I didn't know these people! But I was excited as well. This is the dream of thousands of mythical beasts!

Rhett stepped to the side and all the kids were staring at me. I recognised them instantly from the video's. It was a little weird.

"Kids, meet Cooper. Cooper, meet the kids." Link said.

"Uh....hi" I said awkwardly.

"Hi" Lily said politely. Locke and Lincoln mumbled the same thing.

Rhett noticed the awkwardness that hung in the air. "Why don't you show Cooper around, Lily?" he suggested.

"Yeah, okay" Lily said, getting up from her seat.

"Do you want these?" Link asked, holding out my crutches.

"I'll be okay guys." I said firmly.

Link gently leaned them on the side of the couch. "They're here if you need them."

"Uh...let's go this way" Lily said awkwardly. I followed her down the hall.

"So this is Lincoln and Lando's room, this is Dad's office, there's the bathroom, and this is my room." Lily said, pushing the door open. She walked in and I followed, taking a seat. I puffed a few times. Man, I was unfit.

"You okay?" Lily asked.

"Yeah. Yeah. Don't worry about me." I said. "I'm just not really used to standing and walking. I haven't really been out of bed for a few months."

"To be honest..." Lily said, "That sounds awesome."

I considered it. "Yeah, the bed bit was nice, but the vomiting and pain on the other hand was not."

"I kind of figured that." Lily said. There was awkward silence for a moment.

"What do you want to do?" she asked.

"I don't know. It's your house." I said.

"Well, you're the guest."

Lily chuckled. "This is awkward."

"Yeah. It is." I agreed with the same awkward laugh.

"What's with the GMM shirt? That's kind of tacky."

"Yeah, well, I didn't have anything else." I admitted.

Lily opened her closet and threw me a shirt. "Here."

"Oh, it's okay, you don't have to lend me anything." I said.

Lily shrugged. "It's just kind of weird. You know, because he's my dad and stuff."

"Yeah. But then again, you're wearing a stampy shirt. He's a YouTuber you like, so you wear his shirt. Rhett and Link are YouTuber's that I like, so I wear the shirt. I don't see the difference." I said.

Lily shrugged. "Yeah, sure." she said. "But the boys are going to be funny around you if you wear that."

"Where did you say the bathroom was again?"

Lily smiled.

After putting on the other shirt (Which was a nice shirt, I will admit), Lily and I finally settled on chess. We sat on her bed, taking turns. We were actually having a lot of fun until...

"You should take the beanie off too, you know." Lily said casually as she moved her piece.

"No, that's not happening."