Chapter 1

A/N: So I just crazily decided to finally start a story and actually stick with it and I don't know where I'm going but stick with me and you might like it. Please go easy on me, this is my first story and I'm hoping people understand the first chapter. Well that's all for now and I hope you enjoy!!!

I had a dream. I turn it over in my head as I lay in bed. Now I think about it, the dream was pure and true. There were no lies told, or hidden truths behind 

the words that was said. It was a rare dream where everything wasn't about the reality of life. It seemed special to me.  

I close my eyes and bare the dream in my mind.  

Once again, I start the dream.

The night is warm. I am deep in thoughts so I hardly notice him creeping in, till he's standing by my bed.

I look up and gasp softly as I find two eyes, black in the night on my face. I remain still and continue staring at the eyes in front of me.

I lose track of time as we stare at each other. I hear sighing and shuffling before I feel my bed dent due to the weight of my visitor.

I can see clearly now. He sits with his back to me and I study his profile. He has a strong lean back, held straight as he sits next to me. His hair looks black in the dark and it looks unruly as it is everywhere. I am still staring at him when he suddenly faces me.

My face is hot and I'm glad we're in the dark.

"You don't look surprised." he says as he stares at me intensely.

I blush deeply, taken aback by his sudden statement.

"You can see me?" I squeak the words out hastily.

I hear him sigh again.

"Of course I can see you, unless you're supposed to be a ghost, which I doubt."

His response makes me feel like a child and I feel the need to defend myself.

"Well I didn't suddenly just rudely popped up in someone's room, whilst they are trying to sleep. Now that sounds more like a ghost to me, which I don't doubt."

I see his eyes widen slightly at my outburst and I smile, pleased with myself.

"Please excuse my manners, but I couldn't resist climbing in through your window."

"Oh that might not sound like a ghost but excuse me, if it doesn't sound stalker ish." I retort with less spite this time, but I do not completely let my guard down.

"Sorry..."

I gasp at the solemnity of his words. That one word had me gasping because I was shocked. Shocked because, instead of accepting his apology, I felt sorry for him. 

The meaning behind the word has so much depth, that all I feel towards him is sadness.

"I know you didn't expect to find anyone in here, as you tried to sleep, but I had to talk to someone tonight and your window looked inviting." 

He looks sincere and I believe him.

"I guess you didn't expect to meet someone who would be alarmed at your arrival." I say with a smile.  

He smiles back and I notice he has one dimple that brightens his cold, sullen, face.

"I understand your reaction, but I was surprised because you didn't look alarmed at my entrance at all."

"That was because you were so damn silent as you climbed in, that you shocked me into physical and mental lock down."

"I really am sorry about that."

Once again that word chills me with sympathy for him.

"It's alright. I know now that it was urgent."

I look up at him as he looks into my eyes. His eyes are black and emotionless. They leave me cold.

"Um... so..."  

I try to distract his eyes away from mine. I fail miserably, as always. 

I know I have to keep him talking or I won't last the night with these chilly eyes on my face.

"So what did you want to tell me? "

It takes an effort, but I sigh in relief as he lazily drags his eyes away from my face to look at the wall.

He stares at the wall for a long time and I'm about to sleep when he finally responds.

"It might not be important..."

I wait patiently for him to continue.

"I'm a horrible person. I try to find the good in me but it's impossible. I'm arrogant, selfish, dishonest, uncaring... the list is endless. I know I will never change now and I've come to accept that. I mean you can't deny your nature, or destiny or even fate right? So who am I to treat people with compassion when I know I don't care and never will? This is who I am and no one can change that. Not even..."

The atmosphere in the room is thick with tension and defiance. I lay as still as possible and stare at him. He has his back to me but I can see him shaking.

I don't know how to reply to this, as it has knocked my socks off. So I lie there with him next to me in complete silence.

I think he forgot I was there the whole time because, after a while he stands up and walks to my window.

I must have made a sound because he turns around, gazes at me, before walking back towards me.

"Don't think about me." He says with a sad smile.

I'm about to retort when he puts his finger on my lips. He looks sincere again.

"I'm beyond saving. The darkness in me has taken over completely." He says this with a faraway look on his face.

He climbs out my window and is about to jump, when my voice suddenly rings out.

"Your name... you didn't tell me your name" I say this with as much energy I can muster.

He turns to look at me and there's surprise behind his eyes, as he registers my words.

"What is your name?" 

He asks as if he just remembered his manners.

"Avery."

He smiles at me and I can see his dimple in the moonlight.

"Goodbye Avery... that's all you and I need to know."

My response is on the tip of my tongue, when he jumps and disappears into the night.

I lie there, dreaming of him. Or so I think.

Well there we go. Vote and comment  please it's my first chapter but thanks for actually reading anyway.