Chapter 1

Stella Henderson Above ^

I run through the field of flowers towards my mother and father the sun beaming down on my bright blonde hair as my pink dress sways as I run. I jump into my fathers arms and hug him with the biggest smile as my mother pull us into a tight hug. I lift my head only to see two big headlights coming towards us quickly as it pours down rain under the grey sky. I scream as I turn my head an see my mother looking back at me with worry-

"Beep!Beep!" I turn over and shut my alarm off, sitting up in panic. Trying to catch my breath as I look around my room making sure I'm alright. The suns beaming through the white curtains into my room.

I'm fine it was just a dream.

I thought to myself.

Another frightful nightmare.

"Stella hun, you awake? I made pancakes and bacon hurry and come eat before it gets cold." My aunt Julie says as she pokes her head through the small opening of the door.

"Thanks, I'll be right down after I get ready for school." I say with a smile.
She smiles back and shuts the door.

I crawl out of bed and make my way to my bathroom, brushing my teeth and washing my face. After, I walk into my bedroom and grab my phone an put my music on shuffle. I get dressed in my red and white cheer uniform as I hum along to Show Off by Somo. It's Friday also, game day so we have to wear our cheer uniforms to school. I'm a senior at a private high school, Highland Academy where I live in Miami Florida. We have to where uniform, but on Fridays we get to wear anything that involves school spirit.

I fix my naturally curly hair into a half up half down ponytail and place a big red bow in my hair to top it all off and apply some makeup. I grab my backpack and my phone and start off towards the kitchen.

I plop down onto the kitchen table chair and let out a sigh as I start to eat my breakfast.

"Another bad dream." My aunt ask, as she dries the dishes.

"Yup." I say, popping the P.

"Honey, I'm sorry, if you want to we can go see somebody about it?"

I shake my head, looking down at my plate, "No, it's fine it's just something that comes naturally after a tragedy."
I say with a small smile.

I've been to a counselor, therapist and what not, multiple times. They didn't help then, obviously. So why would it work now?

It won't.

"Alright. Me and your uncle and Sophie are gonna come to the game tonight."
She says with a cheerful smile.

I tear my gaze from my plate to her as I push my thoughts back and give her a small smile.

"Fun, Sophie will love that."

"Yes, yes she will."

I smile in return as I finish off my breakfast. My aunt is such a great person. She took me in when everything fell apart. She cares for me, loves me and treats me as if I'm her own. I love my uncle and my cousin, more like my little sister Sophie, so much along with my aunt.

I place my dish in the sink, hug my aunt and grab my bag and keys and head out of the door to my car.

"Love you!" My aunt yells as I get in my 2015 white camaro.

"Love you too!" I yell back as I shut my door.

*****

"Omg! You look stunning!"

I pause from grabbing my books out of my locker and look over at an overly excited Emily running down the hallway towards me, shouting.

"Thanks." I say with a smile.

"So after the game tonight Jeffrey's throwing a party, we're going."

I roll my eyes playfully, "I don't even get a say so?"

"Nope." She says, shaking her head.

I chuckle, "Ok, I'll just have to let my aunt know."

"Okay."

"Hey girls!" I hear two familiar voices yell, as me and Emily turn around.

Our two friends Jacey and Lacy are walking towards us with their cheer uniforms on. All four of us have been the best of friends since fourth grade, of course we are all in cheer together I'm captain and Emily is co captain.

"You guys are looking as beautiful as ever." Jake says as he hugs Lacy from behind. They're such a cute couple.

I roll my eyes at him as Lacy responds.

"Thanks J." She says as she pecks his lips.

"I'll talk to you guys later gotta go find my lovely boyfriend Liam." Jacey says with a little sarcasm.

I turn towards her, waving as she walks off down the hall.

"I gotta go to Ms. Baracks see you at lunch." Emily says as she walks off.

"Bye." I say as the bell rings and I shut my locker and walk to class.