31. I just like to look at you

"No, Hunter stop," I say sleepily and turn around, showing her my back. She is poking me in the side again, every goddamn morning she does it. She touches me one more time, I take her hand and wrap it around me. She moves out of my grip, I turn around and bury my face in her chest.

"You are adorable in the mornings." She says and it was surprising. I do not think she has given me compliments before. She pokes me again.

"Hunti, stop." I plead, and she chuckles. She doesn't listen to me and does it again.

"Hunter, if you don't stop I will kick you out of the bed." She laughs and kisses my cheek. Then she pokes me again. I open up my eyes and give her the death glare. She has this satisfying grin on her face. I start to push her out of the bed. She falls, but take me with her and I fall down next to her.

"Dammit, Hunter!" I yell, and she is dying of laughter.

"Hey, this was your fault." I stand up and so does she.

"No, it wouldn't have happened if you just stopped touching me," I say irritated and she smirks.

"You don't want me to touch you?" She asks and I sigh.

"Why do you always have to turn my words against me?" She shrugs. I move towards her.
"Oh no." She steps back and points at me.

"You said no touching."
"Are you kidding me?" I ask irritated, she shakes her head.

"No." I walk to her, but she steps back.

"Hunter, come here." She shakes her head.
"Dammit, Hunter." She laughs and turns around to walk out the door. I walk after her and she starts to run down the stairs.

"Goddammit, Hunter." It is too early to run, but I do it anyway. Hunter reaches the last step and I am halfway down.

"Wow!" Dad says, Hunter stops and I stumble into her. I fall back and grab Hunter by the shirt, taking her down with me. She lands with her back upon me, and I can hear dad laugh like never before.

"Are you two always this clumsy?" Hunter gets up and helps me.

"No, Hunter just can't stop pissing me off."
"Hey," she says and pokes again.

"I swear to god if you don't stop doing that-" She does it again and run out the porch door. I follow and hear dad's laugh disappear as I go out into the sun. Hunter stops some meters away from me, and I stop in front of her, listening to her breathing. She looks beautiful in the sun, her messy hair shining redder and her eyes sparkle. I take a step towards her, and she takes one back. She looks behind me.

"Your dad." I look behind me, seeing dad on the porch watching us. It makes me sad that I can't even hold her hand, around others. I am afraid that if he finds out he will get angry, for me being in love with a girl from his work. The worst part is that there is a chance he will find a home for her, somewhere else. It scares me to know, she can end up anywhere. Far, far away from here. I don't want that to happen, I promised I will always reach for. I can't do that if she lives on the other side of the country.

"Sky, you okay?" I look up to her and nod. She looks down at herself.

"Maybe we should go in and change clothes." I snort and look down at my sleeping clothes. We were so busy joking around that we forgot what we were wearing. She gives me the look.

"Don't." I point my finger at her and start walking back to the house.

"What?" She says following me.

"I am supposed to be angry at you." I walk up the stairs and into my room.

"You are cute when you are angry." Another compliment, I am not sure if I like this one. I stop walking and I can feel Hunter right behind me. I turn around.

"Hunter if you try to poke me one more t-" She drags the shirt at my collar and put her lips on mine, I can't but smile against her and put my hands on her waist. I like that she is not afraid of taking the initiative that she doesn't need to be scared of doing things with me. That she can also decide what to do.

"Are you calm now?" She mumbles against my lips. I lean to the side to kiss her cheek.

"Yes," I say stunned. I didn't really expect her to kiss me like that, but goddamn I loved it. She is so soft and warm.

"You are amazing you know that," I tell and kiss her on the cheek again, and then under her ear where I know from is one of her weak spots.

"Stop." She chuckles and I do. I don't want her upset. That is the last thing I want right now. I look at her and smile; it makes me so glad that I can kiss her without her feeling uncomfortable. The only problem is that she is unsure about her back. She seems very afraid of it in a way.

"Can I ask you something, Hunt?" She takes both of my hands and put them on her waist. Then she laid her arms over my shoulders. She smiles at me and shakes her head.

"No." I look at her confused.

"Why not?" She kisses my cheek.

"Because you have that worried look on your face and it means that there is something really important."

"What?" I ask surprised.

"You stare down, and I lose you for a little while and when you look at me again you look serious." She moves closer to me, just inches from my lips.

"Am I that easy to read?" She shakes her head gently.

"I just like to look at you." I lean in those few inches and kiss her. God, she can be amazing, she moves her hands down at my waist. Then she pokes me and I jump away from her. She has that teasing smile on her face.

"Dammit, Hunter." Yes, she can be amazing, and then she can be so annoying. That is why I love her.