XVI. Cypress

Cypress woke up shortly after she passed out. She was quiet and she still looked dazed so Oleander brought us to their house. Cypress' old house. It was  a flat in a large apartment building near the plaza. Not too fancy-shmancy and it was super homey. It had white painted brick walls, plain furniture, and large clear windows that displayed a great view of the hills that surrounded Rosemoore, the town we were currently in.

We were seated on the olive green leather couches around the wooden coffee table as Oleander prepared tea behind the counter. "Good thing the folks are out for a few weeks." He said. "They're travelling Reverie for research. They're journalists you see." He served us the tea in porcelain teacups with flowers painted on them.

The smell of the leafy concoction penetrated my nostrils and sent chills down my spine. I tasted it and I felt like I was back at home, joking around with my dad. I had the clearest vision of him leaning his forehead on mine, closing his eyes, saying nothing for a while and giggling after several seconds. It was as if he was wishing something on me. But soon enough, I snapped out of it and realized that it was only a memory, my fondest memory of him,induced by the tea perhaps. It was different from the tea I was used to. It seemed fresher and stronger and it made me feel calm and relaxed. I looked at Cane then but I was shocked to see that he looked like he was about to vomit.

"What tea is this?" I asked Oleander who was just taking a long sip. Anything to take my eyes off Cane. 

He smiled and said, "Oh, that's just a blend I worked on for the company I'm from. It makes you recall the most comforting or satisfying memory from your past to calm you down. But it was rejected, since it tends to make people sad sometimes. I'm sorry, but it was the only tea I had around." Oleander shrugged.
"It's amazing! I remembered my mom, tucking me in when I was still a kid." Ty happily sipped some more tea.
I saw Glacier, quietly holding his cup but not drinking it, so I asked him why, because it was pretty delicious.
"Uh, no thanks. I'm not a big fan of tea." He said. I remembered that he was wearing a scarf-mask on his face, so it would probably be difficult to eat or drink.

"Just take off your mask and drink the tea, it's good for the senses!" I persuaded.

"Why do I have to listen to you?" He knit his eyebrows.

I crossed my arms, "Because if you don't, I'm gonna give you a hard time chasing you around trying to take off your mask!" I made a lunge for him.

Glacier's eyes widened and he evaded my attack"Okay! I'll drink it! Sheesh!" He carefully lifted his scarf, just enough that his pale and dry lips showed. He took a sip and then quickly pulled his scarf back down. After he did, he squinted a little, and then looked embarrassed.

"So, what did you see?" Ty excitedly asked.

"Why do I have to tell you?"

"Hey Glacier, I wonder how you look like without your scarf?" I held my chin and puckered my lips taunting him.

"Agh! You guys are so annoying! Fine! I remembered myself finding the apple pie ice cream back at Nimbus weeks ago." He stood up and walked towards me. "That was when I first butt horns with this cheeky little redhead right here." He rolled his eyes and ruffled up my hair which I absolutely hated. "I'm going out for some air. See ya." He put his hands inside his pockets and then Glacier was out the door.

"Looks like you annoyed him." Cove said.

"It's because I hate his guts!" I combed my hair back in place.

"Doesn't seem like it." Bay laughed under his breath, thinking I wouldn't hear him, but I did. Cove elbowed him.

I didn't mind, but I realized that I was unconsciously looking at Cane. I blinked and said, "Didn't you like the tea?"