Chapter 13

Silver's POV

I walked around backstage, looking for my silver corsette. "Ruby! Have you seen my corsette?" I called.

"No, I haven't. Oh, wait! Isn't that it?" She pointed at it.

"There it is! Thanks." I got the corsette on, slightly ashamed of myself. I started thinking about my Sophomore year, and my ex-girlfriend.

FLASHBACK

We walked past the local strip club, and she made a disgusted face. "What's that face for?" I laughed.

"No self-respecting woman should ever lower herself to that level. It really does make me sad..." Starr replied.

"I can see that... I would hate to be stuck there." We looked on at the perverted guys, laughing as they went in, just to see slutty women dance.

I sighed at the memory, but it all left my mind when I was ready, and everyone's names were being announced.

"Now, give it up for our prized dancer, Silver!!!" I strutted on stage, looking confident, proud of myself, when honestly I was ashamed. I had come here for one reason, and one reason only. I had absolutely nowhere else to go. I ran away from home after my parents got divorced, and my mom remarried to George, who beat me. I was on the streets, and this was the absolute only way to get any sort of money. I finished my dance, and went to collect my tips from my boss. "Someone payed extra to see you in person." He said, and I made my way out, seeing the last person I expected... "Starr..."

"Silver... What the hell?" Tears filled her eyes. I can't believe she saw me like this.

"Starr, trust me, if I had another choice, I would leave... But this is literally the only way I get a meal..." I told her about my parents and my step-dad, and she understood. I looked at who she was with. "Is that Black Veil Brides???" I asked, and she nodded.

She took my wrist and led me over. "Guys... This is my ex-girlfriend, Silver." She said.

They all said hi, and I waved at them, sort of shy. My idols, my favorite band... Had just seen me at my lowest. It made me feel even more ashamed. I sat back as they started discussing something. "Hey there." I looked over at the British accent to see a dark-skinned boy, with the prettiest brown eyes I've ever seen. He looked familiar.

"Hi." I said.

"I'm Zayn. From One Direction." He said, offering his hand. I shook it.

"I'm Silver." I had heard of One Direction, but never really listened to them.

"So, Silver." I heard Andy's voice call me. I walked over. "Do you want to stay here, or do you want out?" He asked.

That wasn't even a decision to make. I wanted out. I hated stooping to this level, and now my idols had seen me. "I-I want out..." I was shy around them. All of their expressions were unreadable. They probably thought I was disgusting... "Wh-why?"

"Well, Starr has asked us if you can join us on tour, and we discussed it, the guys agreed, so do you want to join us?" He asked.

"You actually want me? B-but I'm a stripper... How are you not disgusted?" I asked.

"Because we're sympathetic. We know you hate this life. If you liked it, we might be disgusted, but you want out, which means you are not disgusting... Just trapped." He explained. I hugged him, and he hugged me back.

"This is why you guys are my idols." I said softly.

"Shall we go?" Ashley asked, coming up.

"Yeah, hold on." I ran backstage and collected the money I earned, which was a full $80. One of my best nights, and now I'd have some money to buy clothes. I went up to my boss. "Hey, I have to tell you something." I said.