The Heart, The Lion And It's Prey

I should be fast asleep but then again it's one of those days where I'm singing "sleep glorious sleep, why art thou lacking? "
A great time it is to write at 01:30 I mean the silence is O so wonderous.
I think I'm going to write about the heart, a lion and it's prey.
So you must be thinking what do these things have to do with each other(let your imagination run wild people) well it all starts with this phrase "A heart so big it sustains all but itself."
You see there are some people we love dearly and they too love us but sometimes their good intentions are the things that kill off bits of our souls. Leaving us with crooked smiles that have become so polished like they were sculpted and perfected for every exhibition! Well I'm getting off topic a bit ok not really but I'm sure you guys are here to understand how a heart, a lion and it's prey are linked. The part about the lion and it's prey is well understood as it's a concept that has been instilled in us since childhood; Lion King, which animal is on the top of the food chain? The alpha male?
The lion's here are the loved ones and the heart's the prey. Sometimes this is the story of my life. Never preyed on intentional unlike the lion's prey; just a whole lot of good intentions gone wrong. I guess my heart is one of the luckiest preys alive now that I think about. It's a wild beast that sometimes not even a rib cage can keep it in check, quite a fighter it is. I give thanks to Jesus for instilling such a loving and fighting spirit in my heart and for being such a phenomenal example of what love truly is.