un-

• Dedicated to outcasts

un-

I'm sure you guys will know what the hell I was thinking and feeling when I wrote this after you're finished reading. I don't know... I wrote it a while ago, decided to upload it. I was reluctant to at first but well, it's my writing and, I want to share it. Hope you enjoy and thank you for reading.

These scenarios all correspond with each other. Can you find how they all have a similar meaning?

~~~

Not only do I love Unorthodox Jukebox for its music, but for what it stands for.

I'm forever wishing to be placed in a particular class or group—hoping that maybe one day I'll actually be able to fit in somewhere. Hoping that one day I'll feel that sense of belonging; to have that thought of this is where I'm supposed to be. This is who I am.

But when it comes to Unorthodox Jukebox... it's all over the place. You can't just put it into one specific genre, it belongs everywhere.

~~~

My definition of an outsider is when the teacher announces, “All right class, get into groups!” And everyone starts moving except for you; everyone goes where they belong, with their clique of friends, while you just sit there... alone, unmoving.

Because you know you don't fit into any one of those coteries. They haven't chose you, which is a relief but still the pain is felt because of being unchosen. But you are not one of them, nor are you that.

You are an outsider. 

~~~

You enter a music store, looking for one specific genre to buy. But where do you find Unorthodox Jukebox since it's all over the place musically, lyrically, and all in all everything about it is truly unorthodox?

In the best sellers section, of course. 

~~~

 un·or·tho·dox

 /ˌənˈôrTHəˌdäks/

 Contrary to what is usual, traditional, or accepted; not orthodox.

un-

Not.

~~~

“So, Unorthodox Jukebox is saying basically... it's okay to be different, and to like different things.” — Bruno Mars