Chapter 41: January

~January's POV~
I sent her those notes. I should be the one that deserves all her attention. Me! And that's just what I'm going to get from her. Believe it! When I gave her the option, she seemed a little in distress. Like she was weighing her options. I have to admit, I kind of feel bad. If she were to leave her pack and mates, she'd be forced to live here with me. Or if she chose to stay with her pack and mates, they'd all be burned at the stake. By yours truly, of course. Must be difficult. Difficult indeed. She knew the answer but seemed like she couldn't bring herself to say it.
"Baby! Don't do it! We'll be fine!" Demos shouted.
Oì vey.

Shut up.

"Beta Gyser! Silence him!" I commanded.
"Yes, Alpha." Beta Gyser said.
He punched Demos. And then duck taped his mouth. Deimos got angry but knew not to speak. For he would meet the same fate Demos did.
"What's it gonna be?" I asked.
"Please... Don't do this..." Sparta said.
Ah, how I love to hear the sound of her angelic voice.
"Oh baby... There's no point in pleading with me." I said.
"Wait... Are you the January? The one from high school? The same one I go to now?" Sparta asked.

She finally put two and two together.

"Guilty as charged." I said, smirking.
"Why are you doing this?" She asked.
"Well, you're smart. Beautiful. Useful. Resourceful. And incredible on every level." I said.
She looked shocked by what I said.
"What? Do you ever get complimented at all?" I asked.
"I-I do..." She stuttered.
"Liar." I said.
"Hold up. Why am I feeling something towards you?" She asked.
"I'm your third chance mate." I said.
"H-How?" She asked.

"Orange wolves get three mates. The first chance. Then the second chance. Then the third chance. I am an Orange wolf too, just like you." I said.
"Am I your third?" She asked.
"No. You are my first." I said.
"So the pull is stronger for you?" She asked.
"Yes." I said.
She took a step back. Wood, my wolf, didn't like that.
"She's already been marked by those two morons over there!" Wood shouted.
"I know." I said.
Wood and I both didn't like that all too much.
"So... What's your answer?" I asked.
She looked at Deimos and Demos. They shook their heads at her. Their eyes almost pleading. She faced me again.
"The pull isn't very strong with you." She said.
"Not yet. The closer we are, like right now, the stronger it gets." I said.
"Shit." Sparta whispered.
"Yo, girl. We'll be fine." Her friend, Deanna, said.
Ah, so Deanna wants Sparta to leave. Interesting.
"Why is it they all want me to stay... But you want me to leave?" Sparta asked.

Oh jeepers, here we go.

"No reason." Deanna said.
Ah, Deanna is avoiding eye contact. Red flag anyone? No? Okay...
"You like them, don't you?" Sparta asked.
Oh, she's getting pissed. Watch out.
"N-No." Deanna said.
Stuttering. Second red flag.
"If you're secretly with them I will kill all three of you!" Sparta shouted.
Ouch. Want some ice for that burn?

"I-I'm not with them! They are your mates." Deanna said.
"You sure about that?" I asked.
Deanna and Sparta both looked at me. I handed Sparta pictures. They were all taken just a day ago. With her mates and Deanna acting all lovey-dovey.
"What...?" Sparta whispered.
Oh the sound of heartbreak. How tragic? But yet oh so romantic.
"Those-I can explain those!" Deanna shouted.
Panicked much? It sucks being confronted by your Luna. Sparta started crying. I could tell Deimos and Demos instantly knew what pictures they were. Their heads hung low in shame. I hate seeing Sparta cry. I had seen that too many times. I knew I shouldn't have done that. Or any of this. But it really was to protect her. It was only a matter of time before Sparta actually caught them in the act. And that would've hurt much more.
"You've been lying to me... All three of you!" Sparta shouted.
"Baby..." Deimos and Demos said.
"Luna..." Deanna said.
Sparta started visibly shaking.