Calypso

I was out of breath, and next to me so were Leo and Jason. I caught my breath and opened my mouth. " Look, we were Iris Messaging  Camp Jupiter. Reyna picked up and instantly said 'Something's wrong here too'. Leo quickly summarized what had happened here, then asked what was going on there. Reyna then did her best to explain, but she didn't really get what was going on. Apparently, they had been in the middle of a war game when Octavian staggered and collapsed. He then started spouting what seemed like random gibberish, but when you listened closely he was repeating the same phrase again and again, just a bit different every time with some random words that didn't seem to mean anything thrown in. The just of it was that Rachel was in Pennsylvania and Rachel was in trouble. Then we heard a scream and our connection was cut off. We tried calling again, but it didn't work," I finished finally. "Pennsylvania.
That's interesting, considering..." Percy then went on to briefly summarize what he had learned, but all the while there was a slight chill in his voice. Ever since Leo had returned with me, he'd been kind of distant and cold with me, which I didn't get because the rest of the seven were perfectly friendly with me. I mean, I know I'd met him before, on that island, but I don't remember ever doing anything to him.

Even so, Percy's story was pretty interesting. So they knew where they were headed: Pennsylvania. That was both good and bad. Good, because the seven would have an idea of where they were going, and bad, because that meant Leo would be leaving her again. I could see the same sadness etched into his face as we walked up the steps of the Big House. Frank knocked. Chiron came to the door. "Ah! The seven. Won't you come in and tell us what you have learned?" he said, gesturing us inside. No sooner had I found a chair before Annabeth was blurting out the whole story. When she had finished, Chiron sat back in his chair. "Ah. I see once again Rachel's gift of prophecy has come to be both a blessing, and a curse, right, Annabeth?"
And Annabeth nodded. But in that moment, it hit me. Why Percy had always had that chill in his voice. Why he had been distant. Curse. Annabeth. Oh, gods. What a fool I'd been. Leo had told me of their time in Tarturus. Of the spirits that placed a curse on then. Leo lifted his eyebrows at me and mouthed,"You okay?"
But all I could think was it was my fault. It was my fault.