Six

Drake was in my ear, rapping about no new friends, and as I looked to my left, seeing Marcus, and to my right, seeing Tremaine and Chris, I knew Drake's words to be true

Drake was in my ear, rapping about no new friends, and as I looked to my left, seeing Marcus, and to my right, seeing Tremaine and Chris, I knew Drake's words to be true. It wasn't usual for them to wake up early just to join me on a run, but as I stepped out of my house at exactly 5:00 a.m. on the dot, I found my three best friends waiting to run with me.

         I never had to question their support or loyalty, because time after time they showed me, just as I'd shown them, that they were down for whatever. And with friendships as good as ours, what was the point of building new ones?

"I can't believe you do this shit every day, Dre," Tremaine was saying as he slowed down his pace. We were all running side by side down the street in my neighborhood. I lived in one of those nice neighborhoods you only saw on TV or in pamphlets, the kind people showed on those reality shows, but where they rented their houses to allude that they had it like that, my father really did it and we lived it.

No one was out driving as early as it was, and the few vehicles that passed us simply waved upon recognizing me or one of my boys.

I shrugged. "Gotta keep in shape somehow."

"But still," Tremaine continued.

"That's why Coach is always wilin' on you, you never wanna work," Marcus cut in.

It was a known fact, if Tremaine didn't care, he didn't put in effort. But even when he slacked off he still dominated on the field, he had an arm crafted by God.

Tremaine smirked. "I put in work last night, though."

That caused all of us to laugh. After failing to bed Draya, he moved on to a friend of hers, and though she wasn't as bad as Draya was, she was also a dime.

I was partially happy Trey hadn't succeeded with Draya, and I was even more excited at the fact that she wasn't about giving it up easily. It wouldn't be too hard to get her, but the chase would still be fun and worth it. Draya Young was one of the finest girls in our junior class. She was bad, tatted, and built to perfection. Pretty face, small waist, thick ass and perky chest, she was just begging for it. But that was the thing, Draya knew everyone was checking for her and she made it hard for anyone to succeed. I had yet to try with her, but I knew it wouldn't be too much of a challenge. Word on the street was that she had a crush on a Balla and I was MVP.

"Looks like Dre ain't get any play from Cree, though," Chris joked, by now we were all walking instead of running.

I shrugged. "It ain't even about that. I keep telling her I don't want her."

"And how are you going to succeed with that?"

I tossed my best friend an arrogant smile. "Easy, every girl wants to be wanted."

I meant it when I said I didn't want Cree. She was the good girl and I didn't do good. I was down for one thing and that was something Cree wouldn't give up until "love" or some other shit. Besides, her mouth was just as bad as Troiann's, how Marcus put up with it was beyond me.