( 8 )

8  -  p h a s e  o n e  / /  l o u i s 

        I  was happy.

       Even though Delaney had outrightly expressed her dislike of me, I didn't mind. I was just glad that I'd gotten the chance to see her again. Fate was working on my side and hopefully it would continue on in this way. I really wanted to get to know this girl better. Why? Was another question. I had no idea why.

         I guess she just intrigued me somehow. Something about her was just so....so different. I could tell that the worlds we lived in were different -- mine filled with positivity, new experiences, happiness almost every day while a single glimpse into her deep hazel irises suggested that hers was a seemingly never-ending cycle of sadness and disappointment. I guess that just touched me, set off some kind of spark inside me. I don't think I could ever relate to her, if she ever decided to open up to me. My parents had strived to make my life as happy as possible and being in One Direction made sure my life stayed that way. I just hoped that I'd be able to change her opinion, I don't know make her feel happy, make her laugh.

       I was aroused for my thoughts as my name was casually mentioned in the surprisingly uninteresting chat at our table. "Mmm" I say dazedly, looking towards my fellow bandmates.

     "We were talking about the party..." Harry informed me, looking up from his phone and my eyebrow shot up.

       "What?" I asked confusedly and his forehead wrinkled in confusion.

       "You know the one we're throwing tonight after the recording..." he explained further and I frowned slightly. "You weren't listening were you?" he asked but it's more of a rhetorical question. I don't reply and he shakes his head at me in mock disapproval.

         "The studio has bumped up our sessions to five o'clock today and since this will be the last recording session before the album is edited* and whatever we decided to have a little party at you and Harry's flat to celebrate" Zayn explained and I nodded slowly taking it all in.

          I didn't know if I was quite keen on having a party to be honest. I wasn't even sure what state the flat was in after last night's hang-out. I also didn't want to be in a room of people who would be treading carefully with me because I'd found out that the guys had told their friends about our break-up. I'd gotten about ten text messages from friends expressing their thoughts on the break-up and some very colorful remarks on twitter about Eleanor and how she was and I quote, 'never right for me from the start'. I could see that that was quite true. But I didn't think it was fair for her to get hate. No matter how annoyed I was with her, I knew these sort of things were the reason (in her opinion anyways) that our relationship hadn't worked out. I had made a mental note to send her a text to ignore the comments and stuff; just because a girl broke up with me because I was, well; me, didn't mean she deserved to be turned on.

          Another reason why I didn't want to head to this party, was that I was planning to start my plan on getting to know Delaney better. I was hoping that I'd get some information from inside sources and use them to my advantage, but I doubted I'd have time with all this stuff that was planned. I wish she wasn't working so I could just speak to her, but I doubted that she'd speak to me anyways.

     Almost as if she'd heard her name in my mind, the petite brunette suddenly appeared at the table, a huge tray in her hands as she started to clear up all the dishes and cutlery. "I hope you all enjoyed your meal" she chimed in the sickly-sweet tone she had been using for the duration of time I'd spent here. The other guys, didn't seem to notice how faux her cheeriness was, but I'd been obliged to know what she really like and this sickly-sweet state was definitely better.

       "It was great but I would love to know more about it...where it came from, what it's really like..." I responded, looking straight at her and she just about seemed to suppress a sigh.

      "We like to keep our recipes and dishes to ourselves, as they are private and just our business..." her voice drawing dangerously close to sounding harsh and cold. With that, she snatched Niall's plate, placed it on her huge stack and turned to head back to the kitchen.

          "We should be leaving too" Liam says and I and the other guys agree and quickly rise from our seats and head towards the door. But I wasn't finished yet.

       "I'll be right out..." I called to the other lads and retreated into the cosy warmth of the cafe and I immediately headed up to the counter.

+  +  +

Your eyes sparkle in the moonlight

Your smile's so beautiful; it shines so bright,

Want to be beside you all night,

Whenever I'm with you; it just feels right,

You're the one running through my mind every single day,

The one who makes me happy, makes everything seem okay,

I don't know how I'd survived without you, until that very day,

That I realised, that it was so clear,

That you were the one for me. (The one for me)**

    I smiled as I waited for the track to fade away before I removed my headphones and headed out of the booth to where the producer was smiling as he nodded his head to the song he was now playing back. "You didn't mess up..." he said, and I could sense a hint of surprise in his tone and my forehead wrinkled for a moment before I dismissed the remark and smiled.

     "Well, I've had time to think and I have other things to concentrate on now, things that actually help my focus..." I explained and he grinned.

       "Well whatever that thing is, it's doing wonders for the track, those were some of your best vocals yet and I think we could say that the album is ready for now" he said with a smile.

        "So does that mean we're free to go?" I asked him as he grabbed the headphones from around his ears and went to place them round his neck. He turned to me with a smile.

         "Have fun at your party..." he said and I grinned as I exited the room, shouting a thanks behind me. That was definitely guaranteed because I already had phase one of my plan in the works.

       I pulled a few strings back at the cafe and after promising the owner that I'd give her daughters tickets and backstage passes to our upcoming show here in London, I was able to get my hands on some valuable information. As I headed towards the lounge where the other boys were located, I reached in my hand for a new scrunched up piece of paper and on it scrawled in scratchy handwriting was part one of phase one.

      Delaney's address.

+  +  +

2,626 READS - 118 VOTES91 COMMENTS

Dedicated to @bemycupcake

Stephanie, xo.