Chapter 16

The songs for this chapter are:

Illusion ~ One Direction

Up ~ Olly Murs ft. Demi Lovato

One call away ~ Charlie Puth

•••

*Toby's POV*

Oh no. If that rumour was true about Calum, Spencer is in trouble. God, just my luck.

"Who's Spencer?" Darren asks.

"Just this girl." As soon as I say it, I take it right back. "No, she's more than a girl. She's......" I have no idea what she is to me.

"She's......." Darren continues.

"Em...... I don't know." I answer truthfully. "It confusing"

"Confusing?" Darren smirks. I chuckle a little.

"No, I'm confusing." I laugh. It's true. I bet if I had never stormed off, I would be able to call her my girlfriend. A smile appears on my face at the thought.

"You like her." Darren States.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Well, you just zoned out thinking about her." He laughed. "I asked, what are you going to do about Calum?" I totally forgot about that for a minute.

"I need to go." I walk out of the kitchen and grab my keys.

"What about Lily?" He asks pointing to the small child on his couch.

"Could you?" I ask.

"Sure, go get her tiger." He sarcastically remarks. I laugh as I run out the door and start my engine.

*Spencer's POV*

I can't get to sleep. All I smell is him. Why does he have this effect on me?

I get out of bed to check the time. 12am. This night has been so long. A loud roar come from my stomach. I'm hungry.

I walk to the cupboards in search of something nice to eat. I come across a pie? I'm not sure but it'll do.

"Mm mm" I moan. It's so good. I have no idea what this thing is but its good, and it's food.

As I'm about to eat the next bit of this delicious, heaven made pie, there is a knock on the door.

"Damn it" I whisper under my breathe. I walk over to the door angrily. Whoever this person is, better have a good explanation for interrupting me.

I pull the door open.

"Hello, is Toby home?" I'm met with a tall man. His clothes are shabby and dirty. It looks like he's been pulled through a bush backwards.

"No sorry. Can I ask who you are?" I mean, I'm in my pyjamas at Toby's door with a strange man I front of me.

"I'm Calum, who are you?" Oh. My. God. Calum? The Calum that Toby is paranoid about. Act cool Spencer.

"Hi, I'm Spencer." I give him a friendly smile but inside I'm in panic mode.

"Are you Toby's wife?" He asks, looking inside the house. He gives me the creeps.

"No" I answer. I start to regret my answer when the sides of his lips curve upwards. He walks closer and I start to back away.

When I was younger my dad always said - hit the mans weak spot. It will cause heart ace and pain. - that means with this guy, I hit him in the nuts and run. Plan B is crawl into a ball.

Before he can step both feet in the door a car door slams. We both look at end of the path to see Toby.

"Toby" I shout.

"Calum, back away. If you want to talk, talk to me." He says. His face looks angry but I can't see it in his eyes. It's like he's just put a guard up.

"Toby, long time no see." He smirks. I can tell he's trouble.

"Calum, what is it? What do you want?" He growls. He keeps his eyes on Calum the whole time as he walks up to him. I move back so I'm standing inside the house properly.

"I was just talking to the pretty girl. I meant noooo harm." He says sarcastically. Toby growls and takes a step forward.

"What do you want?!" He shouts. Calum smirks.

"I just wanted to see how you were. You haven't changed like Darren have you? He gave me five thousand dollars so he could get rid of me. Apparently him and his petty wife want a baby." He chuckles.

"Yes I've changed, for the better! I should have never listened to you but at that age I had no common sense. I'm an adult now and I see that your a drunk, homeless, drug addict that just wants trouble." Toby shouts. He's really pissed off.

"You don't know what your talking about. We used to be friends. Don't you remember. Yo were the dealer." He laughs. What? Toby was a drug dealer? He must be lying to get to him.

"Urggggg. You don't have a clue what your talking about! That was the only way I could get money and you actually bought the crap. That's why I was friends with you!" He screams. Okay, maybe he did deal drugs.

Time seems to slow down in the next events. Calum's fist rises to beside his head.

"Toby!" I scream as Calum's fist collides with Toby's jaw. I run over to his side.

"Spencer, I need you to go inside." He says quietly. His eyes are soft.

"No, Toby. I'm not leaving you out here with him." I reply truthfully.

"Well I don't want you to see me beat his ass, so I suggest you go inside." He smirks. I just shake my head, a smile on his face. I get up from my knees and help him to him feet.

"Stay safe." I whisper in his ear. It's not till I get back inside that I realise I am still in my pyjamas. That's embarrassing.

I take a peek outside and see Toby punch Calum right in the jaw. I can't help but laugh when he laughs at me from outside the window.

I walk upstairs and get back into the bed. I few moments later I feel the bed move and a body pressed against my back. He wraps his arm around my hip. I can't help but sigh as I feel his presence next to me. I hope he didn't hear. I end up falling asleep almost instantly.

•••

(This isn't Christmas but I wanted to post it just now so MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! It's inly like 9pm on Christmas Eve here but oh well.

What do you think? Toby is a hero! But he'll have a lot of explaining to do. And I hope Darren is looking after Lily properly.

Please Like and Comment. That can be my Christmas Present from you to me, just like all these chapters are my presents from me to you. Thank you!! ~ Emma xx:)