The Cafeteria Catastrophe

Xavier's POV

The guys and I entered the caf, looking for a place to sit. When we found a table, I turned to Jay, "Can you believe that hot girl talked to us?" I said in disbelief. It was weird, she normally never talked to anyone unless she was insulting them.

"Nah, but it's cool. I like her." He replied with a smirk. Alex turned to us.

"Guys, she's dangerous. Can you not?" He was a little angry.

"Sorry, chief. She's coming our way, just so you know." I nudged my head towards the cafeteria doors. She was flaunting her way over. Everyone stared.

She sighed and stopped walking, "Seriously people? Can't I walk without an audience? Keep eating, for gods sake!" She said breathlessly. Everyone went back to eating and talking. She rolled her eyes and kept walking to our table. Jay and Mason looked at her as if she was their world. I suppose, I probably looked like that too. Alex had his head down on the table. "Hey, boys. Mind if I join you?" No one replied. "Thanks." She sat down.

"Uh...hey Amanda." I said quietly. I sound like an idiot. "What brings you here?" Shut up, Xavier. "I mean, obviously you wanted to come sit with us but why?" She just stared. "Or maybe you didn't but you came to sit here anyway." Shut. Up.

She chuckled, "Yes, I wanted to sit here. I might as well get some acquaintances." Not friends, I thought. Finally, Mason sobered up and spoke.

"Well, you're welcome to sit with us whenever, Amanda." He said while smiling. Where did his confidence come from?

"Thanks, Mason." As soon as she said that, Mason flickered his gaze towards me as if to say "She knows my name!" That dumb idiot, she saw the look and started laughing. Most pretty girls don't talk to us. We're really lucky.

"Mason is sorry for that. So am I, actually. I'm sorry for him." Jay blurted out suddenly. We all looked at him, he shrank back down into his seat.

"So! What're you boys doing this weekend?" She asked us happily.

"None of us have plans..." I said cautiously, "Why?"

"Oh, I just happen to have 5 tickets to the big game on Saturday." She said with a smirk.

No. Way.
Thee game?!

"Nope. None of us are busy. Are you suggesting we go?" Alex said. What a dumb witted person.

She rolled her eyes and looked annoyed, "Noooo. I totally didn't just tell you I had 5, and that amount of all of us, tickets to the game. And I tooootally didn't want any of you to come. Why else would I bring it up, Alex?" Sarcasm rolled off her tongue, as if it had way to many times before.

Alex looked down sheepishly.

He's such a dork.

"Thanks, Amanda. We appreciate it. You're nice." As soon as I said that, I knew I was in trouble, the look on her face scared me.

She saw how scared I was, thought for a moment, then said, "You're right. I am nice. You're welcome, Xavier. " she said my name, and when she did, it sounded like heaven. I liked it when she said my name like that.

She laughed and rolled her eyes, "Boys are pathetic. Say one god-dammed thing and they're all over you." She looked as if she realized that she was hanging out with guys, "No offense." She said quietly. Everyone at the table tensed when Ella Mitchell walked over. Cheerleading Captain, gorgeous, straight A, Ella Mitchell. Amanda looked bored.

"Why do you suddenly have friends, Mandy, dear?" Ella smirked.

Amanda cleared her throat, "Ella, darling! So great to see you too! These guys are coming to the game with me on Saturday. Are you going?" She was trying to be nice?

"You're going to the game?" Ella asked, "Guess I'll have to skip that event."

Skip the game?! Who did she think she was?!

"Skip the game?! Who do you think you are?!" Amanda said. I gasped. I just thought that! She looked at me, "Xavier, are you ok?" She looked genuinely concerned. I nodded.

"Sorry, sharp intake of breath. How can you not go to the game, Ella?" I said shakily.

"Who said you could talk to me, loser?" Ella snapped. Damn, she's mean.

"Who said you could talk to him that way, darling?" Amanda snapped right back.

Jay whispered something to Mason, who whispered something to Alex, who whispered to me, "We need to hold her back if things get too rough." He said.

I nodded. Amanda looked annoyed at our secrecy, and Ella equally as annoyed. She looked back at Amanda, "You're stupid, Mandy. No wonder poor Ricky left you. He probably hated you. Actually, I know he still does." Ella grinned evilly. Amanda stood up, her fists clenched.

I stood quickly to hold her back but it was too late.

Amanda punched Ella square across the jaw. Then she swung at her again, and hit her nose. It started bleeding. Jay and Mason froze. Alex stood and grabbed Amanda but she broke free and back-handed him in the neck. He chocked as he fell to the ground. I looked at Jay and Mason, they attended to Alex. I cautiously walked up to Amanda. She seemed like she was ready to kill someone. Who knew she was that violent?

"Amanda... Don't hurt her again. Please." I said slowly. She lowered he fists for a moment, then Ricky Roberts came along. She kicked him in the shins, walking out of the caf. I caught a glance of Ella crying into Ricky's chest and thought, pathetic girl.

I ran after Amanda.

--------•-------•-------•-------•-------•

957 words.

Im going to be telling you the amount of words now, so you can tell me if you want them shorter or longer. I'm aiming towards 1000 words we chapter, maybe more.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, sorry it took so hard to write. I try and edit them before I publish them, so it makes sense.

I love you all.

~Bella Blackthorn💘